Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2012

A Review for Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #3) by Chloe Neill

Posted by Donna
Published Date: October 14th, 2010
Finished Date: March 12th, 2012
Publishers: Gollancz
Source: Bought - TBR Reading Challenge 2012
Format: Kindle
Pages: 355
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit, Chicago's newest vampire. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene-and to spy for the vamps while she's at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan's offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.
Unfortunately, someone is gunning for Gabriel, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She'll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals-not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries-old master vampire.
<
The Review: Wow, why can’t all of the Chicagoland Vampire books be like this one? This was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster and this was definitely my favourite book so far. I want more!
<
Twice Bitten sees Merit and Ethan take on a whole new adventure, one that involves Shape shifters.They are recruited by the Alpha – Gabriel Keene, to provide protection for him while he is in town. Merit and Ethan jump at the chance - although it can be messy work they would like to work together with the shifters, so they can help defeat the big bad when it’s comes. But how can they all work together in peace when someone is threatening to ruin everything they’ve work so hard to build?

As I said before this is definitely my favourite book so far in the series, it is full of action packed, hot and intense scenes and the chemistry between the characters is scorching hot! It still lacks in certain places and the political roles still play a key factor into the story so….it get’s 3.5 out of 5 from me.

If you’ve already read this book you will probably know why this way my favourite and if you haven’t – well, I’ll give you a hint - there is a little scene between Merit and Ethan that will not not leave you disappointed! Ethan Sullivan is just amazing in this book and although he does have a few low lights when he upset Merit, you can still see deep down he’s doing what he believes is right the right thing.   

Here are some of my favourite quotes to convince you Ethan is amazing;

“You undo me, Merit. Wholly and completely. You don't take me at my word. You challenge me at every opportunity. And that means when I'm with you, I am less than the head of this House...and I am more than the head of this House. I am a man." He stroked my cheeks with his thumbs. "In my very, very long life, I need you more than I have ever needed anything.” – Ethan

“Always remember," he whispered to me, "that you are an uncommon soldier, whatever they say. And you are quite a thing to behold.”  - Ethan

See what I mean? *sigh* I adore him even with his faults!

Overall, Twice Bitten was a great read and I’m eager to see where Ms Neill now takes the rest of the series.
 

3 comments:

Carly said...

Great review, this is my favourite in the series too. Loved the scene you were talking about & I love the quotes you have pulled out *sigh* -Carly @Fiction Fascination :)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

I know exactly what you mean and why this is your favorite. It's my favorite too, but I have high hopes for book 6.
Ethan is SO amazing, I can't even read that quote without my heart going wild.
Great review!
Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Great review, Donna! I'm glad you liked this one a lot more than the others. :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis