Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Dusty Reads (#10)


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our shelves for some time. To participate and more information, click here.

Jess's Dusty Read
Across the Universe
by Beth Revis


A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

Jess's thoughts: Still haven't read this one. I wanted it for ages and Donna gave it to me when she was done, but its still on my shelf collecting dust. I will get to it soon as the second one is being released or has been released now so I won't have long to wait! Sometimes keeping books dusty is a good thing.

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)

Donna's Dusty Read


The Summer I Turned Pretty
by Jenny Han

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

Donna's thoughts: I really want to read this book and I have actually go to start the book twice now but then ended up reading something else. I will read this book this year!!! 

So that's our Dusty Read's for this week! Don't forget to leave us your thoughts below. 
Happy Reading!

6 comments:

speculatef said...

Jess - I have Across the Universe too and it's dangerously close to becoming a Dusty Read as well! I don't know why I never pick it up!

Donna - that book sounds really good, the title threw me a little but the description grabbed my attention.

I hope you both get to read your books soon!!

Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
My Dusty Reads

Carina said...

I really enjoyed THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY (which reminds me that I soooo need to continue this series soon), but have yet to read ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, too. I don't have a copy, but that book has been on my to-read list forever. :D

Hope you'll get to them soon, ladies! :)
Carina

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Across the Universe is a pretty good read. I liked it a lot! I hope you enjoy it, Jess. :)

Donna, I need to read that book too! It has been recommended to me so many times but I have never actually had the time to get round to it.

Mel said...

Jess - Across The Universe is on my dusty shelf as well! It had a lot of hype when it launched, but I wanted to make my own mind up. :-)

Carina Olsen said...

Across the Universe is an amazing book. <3 As is the sequel; A Million Suns :D Hope you enjoy them both ;)
And oh! The Summer I Turned Pretty seems like an interesting book ;) Hope you'll get to read it soon :D
Love, Carina

Unknown said...

Across the Universe has been collecting dust on my bookshelf, too!

I really hope that you both get around to reading these novels!

Check out my Dusty Read?

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis