Pages

Thursday 26 September 2013

A Review for Unattainable by Madeline Sheehan

16114862Posted by Donna
Release Date: September 24th, 2013
Finished Date: September 25th, 2013
Publishers: Self Published
Genre: Adult
Source: Kindle
Format:Bought
Pages: 308
Buy: Amazon UK / Amazon US

Warning: This is not a virtuous and tender love story. It’s chaotic, ruthless, and tragic. This story takes love and kills its innocence, steals away the pure moments, and crushes the hearts of the broken. A story born in childhood, tying one girl to one boy, leads to a destructive path—that hurts more than it doesn’t, that shatters more than it heals—testing the love that binds the two through a lifetime. 

Tegen Matthews is the daughter of Dorothy Kelley, a club whore in the Hell’s Horsemen. A plain little girl, Tegen falls into the gritty world of the motorcycle club. When she meets a sweet, caring boy, she embraces the warmth and affection he shows her. Cage West is the son of the president of the Hell’s Horsemen. Tall and blond with deep brown eyes, as he grows up Cage realizes the power of his dimpled smile and smooth drawl. With one chance encounter, Tegen becomes forever tied to Cage. Following is a wayward journey that is filled with regrets, mistakes, and heartache, pulling at the threads that hold them together. Cage and Tegen fight hard but love harder, and in the end, what matters is where the journey takes one girl and one boy, who have been twined with one another since the beginning. 

This is Tegen and Cage’s story. 

Love doesn’t erase a broken heart, and it sure doesn’t change people. But no matter how old, how flimsy, how frayed the rope of love is, it keeps you tethered to the people you love.

The Review: WARNING: Due to sexual scenes, violence and language, this book is recommended for 17+ years.

"Tegen," he said softly. "Stop lookin' at me like that, babe, or I'm gonna pick you the f**k up and take you straight to my room. I know you don't want to go there, but you keep starin' at me all hungry and s**t, I'm not gonna care what the f**k you want. I'm just gonna take it."

I don't know about you but it wasn't until I came across a gem of a book called Undeniable that I finally discovered Madeline Sheehan's work. And now, three books later, I'm completely in love with her work and Unattainable didn't disappoint one bit. 

This is an author who isn't ashamed to write the dirty, gritty and horrid parts about a love, she isn't afraid to write about people suffering from the wrongs they've came across in life, and she isn't afraid of writing that not everyone's love story is easy but that it takes work, and it's literally blood, sweat and tears. I for one have to applaud Madeline for that. Her work is truly one the rawest and most realist stories I've come across and it's honestly a pleasure to read anything written by her!

In Unattainable we get the long awaited story of Tegen and Cage. I have to say the previous encounters we get with Tegen from the first two books, I wasn't overly impressed with her. All we ever saw was her shouting her mouth off and frankly, it was a tad annoying. So I guess I was going into Unattainable expecting to hate her. As you can see I was wrong. I loved Tegen. Once she started telling her story, I could completely relate to her and see why she acted the way she did. The only way she knew how to handle everything was by shouting, being mean and especially keeping her distance from Cage. 

At sixteen years old, Tegen lost her virginity to Cage - the guy she'd been in love with all her life. However, it definitely wasn't what she hoped it would be. Cage basically shuns her afterwards - baring in mind he was only nineteen years old himself and was just starting to discover what the club life was all about. I'm not agreeing with his choices but I think he acted like any other nineteen year old would that is surrounded by women that throw themselves at him and alcohol at all the time. But of course, Tegen is seriously devastated by this...and then goes into her own shell. Like I said, I can see why Tegen acted the way she did. She was loud, rash and angry - she becomes even more so angry when she's around Cage. I actually found it pretty humorous at times seeing these two together because they have such fiery tempers that every time they were together, it was pretty explosive. But when it's good, it's good. The sex is more than hot! The tense is more than great! And the relationship between these two is definitely not perfect, but it's freaking awesome! However, there was one part of their story I didn't like, and that was ZZ's involvement. I didn't feel it was necessary, nor do I think it was fair to ZZ. I felt for him in Unbeautifully and he's yet again dragged through the ringer this time around. I am however super excited for his story. I think it's going to be dark and dirty and I just can't wait!

Now Dirty and Ellie - Ummmmm.....I had to think hard about this one. Dirty is one f**ked up guy, but for some reason the more I read of his story, the more I started to like him. I don't completely understand his and Ellie's relationship, I can't see how it could work with all his troubles but I do applaud Ellie for being her sweet self and falling in love with a guy with that many issues, and whose willing to try and make things work.

In all, Unattainable comes with many ups and downs, it comes with beautiful moments and some very ugly moments too but, once you start reading you honestly won't be able to put it down! Well done Madeline Sheehan!! You rocked my world yet again! 

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis