Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

A Review for Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles #2) by Gena Showalter


18215998Posted by Donna 
Release Date: September 24th, 2013
Finished Date: August 31st, 2013
Publishers: Harlequin Teen
Source: For Review
Format: eARC
Pages: 480
Inspired by the childhood classic Alice in Wonderland, this harrowing and romantic story features teen zombie slayer Alice Bell who has lost so much—family, friends, her home. 

After a strange new zombie attack, Alice fears she may be losing her mind as well. A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do wicked things. The whispers of the dead assault her ears and mirrors seem to come frighteningly to life. 

She’s never needed her team of zombie slayers more—including her boyfriend, Cole—than she does now. But as Cole strangely withdraws and the zombies gain new strength, Ali knows one false step may doom them all.

The Review: "You look edible, by the way. You have no idea how badly I want under that skirt." His voice dipped huskily as he added, "I wish I had time to prove it."

 I can't believe I forgot how much I enjoyed Gena Showalter's Alice in Zombieland until I started the sequel, Through the Zombie Glass. Within minutes all the little details from the first book started coming back to me and I suddenly got excited all over again. Through the Zombie Glass literally consumed me until I finished - it's simply an amazing sequel!

Ali is back but this time it's harder than ever but she really does go through some much during this sequel. She's dealing with things that she never believed could happen and she's also dealing with relationship problems with Cole and honestly, talk about an emotional read! This one really pulls on your heart strings and leaves you a bundle of nerves from the tension. There's also never a dull moment because of how much excitement and action there is. I truly believe this series has a little bit of everything for everyone - it's impossible not to love it. There's just so many aspects of this story that have you questioning everything but the way Gena writes it, by the end, it's truly epic! It makes me wonder what she has in store for us with the final book . Eek I'm nervous just thinking about it. 

The characters.....oh the characters! Ali, Cole *drools*, Frosty, Kat, Reeve....and even Gavin make this sequel so kick ass! They're such a feisty and comical bunch of characters that they really make this series amazing. I was literally laughing out loud in parts and then the next, I'm on the verge of tears. I love how I can feel so many different emotions within a matter of seconds. 

Ali and Cole 100% my favourite couple from the series. I'm constantly rooting for these two and my god, they go through the ringer in this book....but I guess it was all worth it in the end.

In all, the White Rabbit Chronicle series is definitely my favourite zombie series EVER! Kick- ass, exciting, intense, highly-charged, heart-breaking, action packed - need I say more? Go read it! I promise you'll love it! 

2 comments:

Natalie Cleary said...

I really need to read this series soon!! I have book 1. Great review :)

Danny Bookworm said...

YES I sooo love this freaking series so so so bad!! Cole is swoon worthy and I love his badassery but also how much he loves Alice. But oh they were killing me a few times during the book... Cannot wait for the next one "

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis