Pages

Friday 8 April 2011

US vs UK (#1)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's first ever US vs UK book cover battle.
We've seen this posted on a few other blogs, and thought we'd jump on the band wagon!

The idea of this battle is once a week staring today we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

US vs UK Round 1

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Vs 

Jess says: I actually haven't read this book yet so I can't really say which one captures the story best. I like them both, I love the passion and electricity that the UK cover is portraying on the right, but I also love the wispyness (is that a word?) of the US cover. I really can't choose, they'd both catch my eye on the shelf, but if I was going for personal preference? I'd have to hand this one to the US.

Donna says: If you all seen my review last week, then you all know how much I loved this book. Now i've read the book I completely understand both book covers and I really like them both. I love the lighting in the UK covers but what puts me off is the characters. The characters on the front cover are nothing to how I picture Lucas & Helen. The US is more how I picture Helen and its a gorgeous cover so the US wins for me. 

Which do you prefer?
____________________________


Illusions by Aprilynne Pike

 Vs 

Jess says: I actually haven't read this book either yet so I can't really say which one captures the story best. Even though the UK has changed the name, I still like that they kept the theme with the flower.  That aside though, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go with the US cover for this one. Its just beautiful.

Donna says: I am a fan of this series. I have to say I much preferred Spells (Book 2) over Wings (Book 1). Back to the covers though. I'll be honest and say I'm not to keen on the US cover. The UK cover for me is so much brighter and prettier. Even previous books, the UK covers win hands down. Oh, P.S TEAM TAMANI!! 


Which do you prefer?
_____________________________________________


Well that's it for this first round of US vs UK and round one is awarded to....................
The US! 


Be sure to check out next Friday for Round 2! 
Thanks for stopping by and happy reading 



8 comments:

Mia said...

Too confusing.I can't make up my mind about which cover I like better.
Mia
http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/

ArtemisG said...

Starcrossed, I prefer the US cover
Illusions, I prefer the UK cover

Liz. R said...

I think I prefer the UK cover to Starcrossed! Though I haven't read the book, so I can't tell whether the covers match the characters. I can't decide between the Illusions covers though - I like them both!

Lesley said...

Great feature!

Bex said...

Without having read any of the books, I will have to say that I love the US one on the first one and UK on the second!

The Phantom Paragrapher said...

I Love the US on the First One and UK on the 2nd. New Follower . www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

Book Passion for Life said...

You guys should really order Starcrossed, it as amazing! The Wings series are good too :)

Books for Company said...

l actually got this but its a proof copy cover so it's not like either of these!
I actually like them all but l seen the US one more and that usually means l like it a bit more.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis