Pages

Saturday 2 April 2011

A review for Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: May 31st, 2011
Finished Date: April 2nd, 2011
The Blurb: How do you defy destiny? Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.
As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.

The Review: Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! When I finished this book all I could think was........AMAZING! Its nearly 5 hours later and i'm still thinking how amazing this book is. 

Starcrossed is a story about Helen Hamiliton, who is a sixteen year old girl living in Nantucket with her father. When a new family moves to Nantucket, Helen starts having weird dreams, always ending the same - with her sheets covered in mud and blood from the soles of her feet. Helen thinks the dreams are weird but things get even weirder when she meet Lucas Delos and instantly tries to kill him. As Helen's story unfolds, her and Lucas realise they are destined to play the roles of a huge Greek tragedy. One that the Fates insist on repeating.



This book actually took my breath away. There I was, thinking 500 pages is probably going to drag...especially considering its debt novel, but OH NO, I was so wrong and I'm so glad I was. This story is actually quiet remarkable, it has mystery, suspense, action and a forbidden romance and the Greek mythology was amazing. I honestly do not know where Greek mythology has been hiding all these years but so I'm glad its appeared and that I got to read such an amazing book by an amazing author who writes so well. 


I loved how all the famous characters are used brilliantly through out the story and how they were all brought into it. I was also amazed though out by The Furies, I was amazed by The Fates and then of course, I was amazed by Helen & Lucas. Helen & Lucas are such great characters and I was rooting for them from the start. Their situation broke my heart and for the life of me, I can't see what Helen's mother is up too but I hope its one that becomes resolved quickly. I really do hope there is a happy ending for these guys.


I actually don't have anything bad to so about this story at all. It had me from page one and I really wish it didn't have to end. I know I've said amazing far to much in this review but I'll say it again, it was amazing and I completely recommend this book to anyone that is looking for something fresh, new and exciting.
Josephine Angelini you did an fantastic job and I will look forward to reading the next books. 


Thank you to NetGalley & HarperCollins for giving me the opportunity to review this amazing book. 



3 comments:

Book Passion for Life said...

Ooooooooooooo I am SOOO going to buy this book! Glad you enjoyed it Donna! When is it released? I want it!
Jessica x

Book Passion for Life said...

End of May hun as far as I'm an aware. It was soooo good. Another favourite for 2011. :) I'm still thinking of it now. Lol

Laura H. said...

Wow! What an impassioned review! This book has been on my TBR list for a while but I think I'm bumping it up to the top! Thanks for the great review! (If I win the Splash into Summer Giveaway Hop, THIS is what I'm ordering!!!)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis