Pages

Monday 19 December 2011

US vs UK (#35)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 35th US vs UK book cover battle. We've seen this posted on a few other blogs, and thought we'd jump on the band wagon!

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

The Scores so far are: 
US: 9  UK: 14  Draw: 10

US vs UK Round 35

Crave by Melissa Darnell 

VS   

Jess's thoughts: I reviewed this book a while back and I enjoyed it. It wasn't great but it was still good. The covers I like, but I really like the UK cover this time, I love all the red on the outside and the font just stands out a lot more than the US one.

Donna's thoughts: I've wanted to read this book for a while but I've heard mixes reviews about it. Now the covers I like. I really like but which one do I like more? I'm going with the UK one. Even though they've pretty much kept it the same, I like how they've made the title stand out more and of course I like the read leaves rather than the brown ones on the US cover. UK for me! 


Embrace by Jessica Shirvington 

VS  

Jess's thoughts: This is a hard one. I haven't heard about this book but I think I definitely preder the US cover. The UK is great too but the US cover just screams "Read me now!"

Donna's thoughts: US, US, US! US wins! I really do like the UK one but I adore the purple of the US  cover, I also like that you can see the wings slightly coming out of the girls back. Where as the UK one I'm not 100% sure what that girls doing. lol. US for me!

Which do you prefer?
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to......It's a tie

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :) 
 

9 comments:

Tipsy Misty said...

Definitely uk for crave, it stands out so much more! And us for embrace, it's so cute :)

Lindsey's Bookshelf said...

US for both, I agree Donna I'm not sure what the girl is doing in Embrace. Jess its a really good book.

Erin W. said...

Definitely love the UK cover more. I own the Australian cover of this book which is completely different to Crave's book covers.

As for Embrace, again I prefer the UK cover. I on the other hand own the AUS cover for this book which again is different to these two covers.

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I love both Crave covers but the UK cover is probably my favorite. I can't pick for Embrace! I actually think the UK cover looks quite cool. Though I don't like the font! But yes, the US cover for Embrace has the lovely purple colour. :)

The More the Merrier said...

I'm going to go with the US for both covers.

I like the washed out look that the US cover for Crave has.

I like the wispy smokey wings on the US cover of Embrace. Plus they stand out against the vivid purple background.

Wee Shubba said...

UK for crave!

Honestly none for Embraced. The UK one is weird. And the US one just doesnt attract me.

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

The first two covers for Crave look kind of similar but I'm going to have to go with US. And both covers of Embrace are just opposites! One is all sweet and girly and the other is a lot scarier...I'm reading the book right now and I think the US cover suits the storyline of the book more!

Liz. R said...

UK for Crave because I love the way the colours stand out and US for Embrace - it's just so pretty!

Klaudia said...

UK for Crave but US for Embrace

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis