Pages

Saturday 17 December 2011

A Review for The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Part One, Two & Three by Jennifer Malone Wright

Posted by Donna
Published Date: August 2011 - December 2011
Finished Date: December 17th, 2011
Source: For Review from Author
Format: Kindle
Pages: Unknown

* I will be reviewing these books all together so the rating reflects all three books. Possible spoilers ahead* 

The Review: After reading books after books over the past few weeks, I felt like I needed a break to read something short, fun and easy. Trying to pick the book was the hard part but when I seen the author was giving away FREE copies away of part one of this series, I suddenly knew which series to try. And I got exactly what I wanted with The Vampire Hunter's Daughter.......a short, fun and easy read! 

This story follows the life of a young girl named Chloe who one night watches her mother be killed....right in front her. When Chloe awakes she's been taken to a safe haven where she quickly learns it's her grandfather’s house and that the people that killed her mother aren't humans but vampires. Chloe also find out that she comes from a long line of Vampire Hunters who protect people from vampires but how can Chloe be a hunter when she's a half-vampire? Now knowing who she really is Chloe is determined to to seek revenge on her vampire father for killing her vampire hunter mother but first she needs to train and train hard to become the best. 

As Chloe starts training with help from Drew, it’s not long before she encounters her first vampire since her mother's murder and even though she knows what to do, she freezes leaving Drew to save the day.  She now knows she needs to train harder than ever and when she does it's obvious that she is more advanced than any other hunters. Maybe being half vampire hunter and half vampire isn't so bad after all? 

The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter books are fast paced and exciting short stories. This really isn’t a series I’d recommend if you want something long or complicated, it is what it is and short stories are always going to be short stories. Now I think the author; Jennifer Malone Wright did a really good job introducing Chloe. Chloe’s life is turned upside down when her mother is murdered and it was captured within the first few lines. Now Chloe as a character, I thought she was strong and easy to like, I did think she was a little rash at times. Like the way she reacts to Drew but I think that’s her trying to hide her feelings. Do I smell a possible romance brewing? I hope so because I think adding the romance aspect into the story now would be great. Drew’s a great character too but I’d like to get to know him a little more, he’s kind of in the back-ground at the moment helping Chloe train so I’d like to see them interact that much more.

The storyline is exciting but at times a little too easily resolved and a little predictable but nonetheless still enjoyable. I almost wish the novels were bigger so we could connect to the characters that much more but again that would defeat the point of them being short.

Overall, The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter books have had a great start and I’m eager to see what comes next.

Thank you to the author for giving me the opportunity to review these books. 

4 comments:

Chrystal said...

Oh I am looking forward to reading this series now. I have them in my TBR pile just calling my name. :)

Anonymous said...

I came across The Vampire's Daughter on GR but wasn't quite sure whether or not it was for me. From the sounds of it, it sounds like I'd enjoy them!

Great review =)

-★Wendy★
A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Great review...i am adding these to my TBR pile

Jennifer Wright said...

Thank you so much for reviewing my stories! I enjoyed your review of them!

Jenn

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis