Pages

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Teaser Tuesday (34#)

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
1) Grab your current read
2) Open to a random page
3) Share one (1) OR two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
4) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Hey guys Jess here, sorry this is late today, but I actually wanted to share a teaser from the book I'm currently reading for review...so here are a couple of teasers from Michelle Hodkin's The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer


So this first one comes from Mara and Noah's interaction. You'll either love Noah, or think he's a complete jerk from this quote, it really depends on how you want to see it.

His half smile morphed into a whole grin.
Noah: "Oh, I'm definitely a smuthound with daddy issues."
Mara: "I guess you nailed me, then."
Noah: "Not yet"


Ok this next one is between Mara and her (current) only friend at her new school, Jamie. This quote will also make you realise how sexy Noah actually is. Rebel without a cause and all that...

Jamie: "So it begins." Jamie sighed.
Mara: "Shut up." I turned around so he couldn't see me flush a deeper shade of red. 
Jamie: "If he wasn't such a dick, I'd applaud," Jamie said. "You could start a fire with the heat between you two."
Mara: "You're mistaking bitter animosity for heartfelt affection," I said. 


So there you go. Two quotes, from two different people but clearly about the same person. I loved these two quotes, they really made me laugh! This book is gripping, and I can't put it down! 

That's it from me this week! Tomorrow there will be Waiting on Wednesday, as I'm still unclear on what boyfriend to use! 

What's your Teaser Tuesday?


2 comments:

Christina @ Biblio Thoughts said...

I loved The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! Great choices for your teasers!

My TT: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-3-carrier-of-mark.html

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

This book is next on my to-read list! Two great teasers there. It makes me even more eager to get started! :)

My TT

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis