Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2015

{Feature} Waiting on Wednesday (#114)

 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Donna's WoW
18006496 Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4)
by Sarah J. Maas
Release Date: September 1st, 2015

Sarah J. Maas's New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series reaches new heights in this sweeping fourth volume.

Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past . . .

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.


Celaena’s epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena’s story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.

Donna's thoughts: Need I really give you a reason as to why I've picked this as my 'waiting on'? You guys all know this series rocks! 

Melanie's WoW
21414439 Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1)
by Susan Dennard
Release Date: January 6th, 2016

On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.

Melanie's thoughts: This sounds really good and because I like the author's Midgard series, I'll definitely be giving this a go - shame it's not out until 2016 though.

<What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Want to participate? 
Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. 
Happy Reading!

3 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Yay :D Such great picks girls. <3 I haven't read Throne of Glass yet.. but one day ;) I think Truthwitch sounds amazing. <3 I hope you'll both love these gorgeous books when you get to read them :)

YearningtoRead said...

Both of these books are on my list... I think QoS is going to be my WoW next week. GAH. I MUST KNOW EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON. My heart is breaking for these characters right now....
And while Susan Dennard isn't my favorite (I didn't love her Something Strange and Deadly series, or whatever it was called), I HAVE to give Truthwitch a try - it just sounds so badass!


Great picks, and I loved that you guys picked books that are by real life best friends...that makes me happy. ;)


Sierra @ Yearning to Read

Anonymous said...

My name is Karina, I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis