Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2012

A Review for Bared to You (Crossfire #1) by Sylvia Day

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)Posted by Donna
Release Date:  July 19th, 2012
Finished Date: 20th August 2012
Publishers: Penguin UK
Source: Bought 
Format: Paperback 
Pages: 360
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...
Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.
The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart.

The Review: On the front cover of my book there's a little sticker that says, "If you liked Fifty Shades of Grey, you'll love this." Well, I loved Fifty Shades so I knew I wanted to read this, especially if it was being compared to this but you know what I didn't expect? I didn't expect to love Bared to You more, but I did. So...move over Christian Grey and make way for Gideon Cross! 

Wow....just wow. I can't believe how much I loved this book and I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner. This book is always going to be compared to Fifty Shades of Grey, they have the same rich, hot, alpha male's with troubled pasts and female's that can bring the males to their knees, but the different is there's no BDSM relationship. Now before you Fifty Shades of Grey haters start, Bared to You is so much more than Fifty and you may find that if you try this you might enjoy it too, so don't be put off by all the Fifty talk. 

What I loved about this book was the fact that it felt very realistic. Eva isn't a innocent girl that doesn't know about sex, she's a women that had a troubled past and she like to be in control of her life. She won't settle for being controlled by her family or Gideon. I loved that about her. I loved that she won't allow Gideon to control her but instead, makes him see her as an equal. Now Gideon, he's a rich, powerful young man who loves to be in control in and out of bed. Eva really changes his life, he finds it hard to let people in because of his dark secrets he is hiding and boy, do I want to know his secrets. Despite Eva and Gideon's obstacles, I really think they make a fantastic couple. I'm really rooting for them and I'm very eager to see what the next two books have in store for them. 

The story itself is heart-wrenching, packed with emotions and passionate scenes. It's beautiful and touching and let's not forget the hot scenes between Eva and Gideon. Sparks literally fly off the pages when you read this book and it will leave you begging for more. 

If I haven't convinced you to read this book yet, then I'll leave you my three favourite quotes...ENJOY! 

1) "I can't go long without you either, Eva. You're an addiction...my obsession..." - Gideon 

2) "I'm an animal with you," he murmured. "I want to mark you. I want to possess you so completely there's no separation between us." - Gideon 

3) “You forget who submits, Eva,” he said gruffly. “I’ve given up control for you. I’ve bent and adjusted for you. I’ll do anything to keep you and make you happy. But I can’t be tamed or topped. Don’t mistake indulgence for weakness.” - Gideon 

4 comments:

Erin W. said...

Can't say I'll ever read this, the same goes with the Fifty Shades of Grey series, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this so much. Great review!

stephforster said...

Ooh, I actually have this book waiting for me on the shelf. I hadn't read any reviews of it apart from this one, but it sounds so amazing! Thanks for the fantastic review!


Steph @ Stepping Out Of The Page

Lyn L said...

I was the same way! When I picked up Fifty Shades of Grey, I didn't completely know what it was about. But I actually ended up enjoying it.


When I saw this one was marked if you liked Fifty Shades. I completely loved this one, and I didn't think I was going to!


Great review :)

Emma Gray said...

I absolutely loved this book, I am a Fifty Shades Fan, but this books has a better writing style, it followed better and I was more addicted to this novel Than Fifty Shades Trilogy. What I also loved was Eva being a strong character unlike Ana In Fifty Shades, and also how both Gideon and Eva have a difficult childhood. Also the desire and love for each was so much more than Fifty Shades. However, I do still like FSoG. But Bared to You is flawless in comparison. Loved it! Great Review Donna. =)


Emma xox

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis