Pages

Saturday 18 February 2012

A Review for Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades #2) by E.L. James

Posted by Donna
Published Date: September 15th, 2011
Finished Date: February 18th, 2012
Publishers: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House
Source: Bought - 2012 TBR Reading Challenge
Format: Kindle
Pages: 372
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.

The Review: Fifty Shades Darker is even BETTER than Fifty Shades of Grey and I’ll warn you, if you read this book be prepared for some very emotional scenes!
<
With Fifty Shades of Grey ending on a huge cliff-hanger, naturally I dived straight into the next book and I have to say E.L James does not disappoint. This time around we see Christian and Ana reunite after some time apart and boy have things changed. Even though leaving was the worst thing Ana could have done at the time, it has now become the best thing, because Christian is willing to give Ana everything that she needs. Even if that means giving up the things he once loves.

I adored this book so much more than the first one. We see a whole new Christian and if it’s possible I love him even more. He’s still very possessive and very controlling but seeing how much he really cares for Ana in this book made me just fall apart. He is a young man who has suffered a horrid childhood and even when he becomes a teenager, he is introduced to a world filled with pain believing it is for the best. I loved watching Christian become the person he’s supposed to be, someone a little carefree, happy and most of all loved – and all this is down to Ana. Now Ana, really is a strong character. Never have I read about a girl so willing to take on a man with all his baggage but love him unconditional – it’s truly heart-warming and they really are perfect together despite their flaws.

What I enjoyed most about this book was the fact there were so many more fun times - the charity event, the boat and the club. Not only that but there are dangerous times too and within these events you truly capture the love between Ana and Christian. And most of all the emotional times and there are some heart-breaking scenes. And oh, oh the ending…..was PERFECT! And it was really nice to see Mrs Robinson get what she deserves.

If you haven’t read this series, then I’d highly recommend it! It’s one filled with pain, love, heart-ache and sure is one hell of a ride. I’ll leave you with some of my favourite quotes;

“This is me, Ana. All of me...and I'm all yours. What do I have to do to make you realize that? To make you see that I want you any way I can get you. That I love you.” – Christian

“Are you on your own?"
"No. There are six people staring at me right now wondering who the hell i'm talking to."
shit..."Really?" I gasp, panicked.
"Yes. Really. My girlfriend," he announces away from the phone.
holy cow! "They probably all thought you were gay, you know.” – Ana and Christian

“You wanted hearts and flowers,” he murmurs.
I blink at him, not quite believing what I’m seeing.
“You have my heart.” And he waves toward the room.
“And here are the flowers,” I whisper, completing his sentence. “Christian, it’s lovely.” – Ana and Christian

“I love him. Simple.” - Ana

4 comments:

Michelle Chew said...

The quotes are lovely! So is the cover! Now it's on my to be read list. :)

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to check this one out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

SarahS. said...

Hi I want to tell you that you have won an award :D

I think your blog is beautiful so I award it with the Lovely blog award.

Find it here: http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/2012/02/lovely-blog-award-d.html

Starr K said...

I definitely have to check out this book! There are not many bdsm books that grab my attention but this one has!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis