Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Dusty Reads (#6)


Happy Valentine's Day!!!!! 
Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our shelves for some time. To participate and more information, click here.
Jess's Dusty Read

Rules of Attraction
By Simone Elkeles


When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

Jess's thoughts: Ahh! I have no idea why I haven't read this one yet! I loved Perfect Chemistry and I love the Fuentes brothers so it is beyond me why I haven't read this one yet. Its just been sitting there on my shelf, getting dusty. Sorry Carlos! 

Donna's Dusty Read

Stray (Shifters #1)
by Rachel Vincent


There are only eight breeding female werecats left . . .
And I'm one of them.
I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.

Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.

I'd been warned about Strays -- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female, and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.

This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back . . . for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever -- and whoever -- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays -- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them . . .

Donna's thoughts: I've always wanted to read this series but after reading the author's Soul Screamers series, I NEED to read this book! All I've heard is good things about it so I am super excited to start....once I get too it. 


So that's our Dusty Read's for this week! Don't forget to leave us your thoughts below. 
Happy Reading!

5 comments:

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I haven't even read Perfect Chemistry yet! I'm pretty certain I'm the only person left. :D

Donna, I hope you can start the Shifters series soon. I really enjoyed those books! :)

speculatef said...

I hadn't heard of Rules of Attraction before, it sounds pretty awesome. I've found I really like YA books narrated through boys, they're so different from the ones narrated by girls.

I've seen the Shape-shifters series around, but since I haven't read the Soul Screamers series yet so I think I should start there.

I hope you both get to read these books soon!

Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
My Dusty Reads

Hanna @ Booking in Heels said...

I read Stray a couple of weeks ago, and immediately ran out and bought the next three in the series. It's so much more than your typical werewolf story thing, it's wonderful.

It reads a lot like Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, if you've read that.

Giselle said...

Ooh I really want to read Stray! I've had my eye on it for a long time!

Vidya Ravi said...

I have read Rules of Attraction and I liked it. Stray is new to me, and I like the plot..thanks for sharing. Here is my Dusty Reads.

A new follower! I would love, if you follow my blog back at Books Are Magic.

Vidya @ Books Are Magic

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis