Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

A Review for Crash into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry

17679547
Posted by Donna
Release Date:  November 26th, 2013
Finished Date: October 16th, 2013
Publishers: Harlequin Teen 
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Source: For Review
Format: eARC
Pages: 489
From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane 

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

The Review: "You can ignore me, Rachel, and you can try to treat me as a friend, but none of that will erase the fact that I think about kissing you every second I'm awake and dream at night of my hands on your body. And it sure as hell won't erase that I'm terrified by how much I like you."

Crash into You was an awesome, awesome story and Isaiah and Rachel didn't disappoint! Isaiah has always been an interesting character for me but, and it wasn't until Dare You To that I really started to want to know WHO Isaiah really was ...and I definitely found out who he was in this. 

Isaiah is another local bad boy, rough around the edges and has a terrible background - but at heart, he's big softy. The foster care system hasn't done him any favours and because of how he was bought up,  Isaiah tries to keep his distance from people. However, there are a few that have managed to break down his walls and into his heart - Noah, Echo, Abby and lastly Beth. We all know how cut up Isaiah was losing Beth to Ryan and unfortunately, he isn't over her still. It's not until Rachel races her way into his life that he suddenly starts rethinking how he feels, but can Isaiah protect Rachel from his world?  

How Katie McGarry wrote this story was fantastic! Speed racing is not something I'm completely familiar with (unless you count the Fast and Furious movies, lol) so it was quiet refreshing to read something new like this. The danger that comes was frightening and unpredictable, the new added characters - Abby and Logan were a great addition. Can I just say, I so want more from Abby - Abby getting together with Ethan - Rachel's twin brother. And Logan, I love how he's character was woven into Isaiah's. but most importantly, I loved the relationship between Rachel and Isaiah. 

I LOVE ISAIAH! I have to admit, I had my doubts about his story because I really didn't want him hung up on Beth all the way through, however that's really not the case. We do see him struggle slightly, but Rachel literally takes all the hurt away. I was immediately hooked by their story and I didn't want to put it down for one second. The tension between these two was sizzling hot, the vulnerability between them was at times, very heart-breaking, Isaiah has been brought up thinking no-one cares for him and that he's worthless, Rachel has been brought knowing she's a replacement and was only born to make her mother happy and take the place of her dead sister. Even though they come from two different sides of town - the rich and poor - they have a lot of things in common, but it's mainly their love for cars that makes them spark, and of course the attraction to one another. Together they were truly beautiful, they became stronger together and decided to face things together, rather than run away - they really brought out the best in each other. 

In all, Katie McGarry is a phenomenal writer! There are not many authors that continually receive 5 stars reviews from me, but Katie McGarry does. Crash into You is the third book by Katie that I’ve read and her writing is just as strong as it was when she was publishing her debut novel, Pushing the Limits. She’s definitely fast becoming a favourite of mine, and I can not wait to see what she has in store for us with Take Me On. 

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis