Pages

Friday 3 May 2013

A Review for Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10) by JR Ward

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
Posted by Donna
Release Date: March 27th, 2012 
Finished Date: April 19th, 2013
Publishers: Piatkus Books
Source: For Review 
Format: Paperback
Pages: 572
In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. The city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Now back in the Brotherhood – and unrecognisable as the vampire leader he once was –Tohrment is physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair. When he begins to see his beloved in his dreams – trapped in a cold, isolating netherworld – Tohr turns to a self-serving fallen angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. When he's told he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed . . . 

Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King's throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past, and a very hot, passion-filled future . . . but can his heart let go and set all of them free? '

The Review: 4.5 Stars! 

“Tohr shook his head. "If you're going to get plastered, why can't you do it like areal man."
"I like the taste of fruit."
"You are what you drink."
The angel glanced up at the clock, "Shit. I missed Maury. But, I DVR'd Ellen.”

JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series has completely taken my life over. Since starting the series only a few weeks ago, I have literally devoured this series, and all I have left to read is  Lover at Last, until the long wait for The King starts.

In Lover Reborn we see Tohrment who was mated to a women he loved dearly, however when she's killed, he can't deal with it and takes off. He wallows in pity, heartbreak and loss, so when he finally returns to the Brotherhood, he's not the same person he once was. How do you cope after the death of your Shellan? Well, Tohr struggles and when No'One comes along, he finds he can confide in her because he knows there will be no sexual attraction between them. Both of them have been through hell but for some reason, they have a connection. One that goes deeper each and every time they spend more time together. I really loved Tohr and No'One's story. It was interesting and very gripping, at times it's frustrating but that's the beauty of JR Ward's writing, she writes real characters with faults and problems but makes them  become better and more open people. These are the type of characters that stick with me the most. I can think back on a series and think, WOW, I loved them. 

The plot to Lover Reborn really blew me away especially considering how disappointed I was with Lover Unleashed. It was one of the most anticipated instalments I've been waiting on, and at one point, I never thought it would happen. JR Ward didn't disappoint with Tohr's story and by the time I finished it, I was super happy. The plot thickens and thickens at every corner and even though, sometimes the multiple points of view can get annoying, I found this was one of my favourite books out of the series.What I enjoyed most of all was JR didn't forget my favourite couple, John Matthew and Xhex. I was so happy when I started reading and found their POV's, I'm glad, so glad, they made this book fantastic.

I'm excited to see what's to come next with Lover at Last. I'm dying to see what happens with Qhuinn and Blay after that ending and honestly, it's about time these boys got their own books. They've been fantastic to read about through the series and I know it won't disappoint. 

In all, JR ward is on fire with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and I just want more! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Somеone in my Fаcebook group shared thіs website ωith
us ѕo I came tο give іt a look.

I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bоokmаrking and ωill be twеetіng this
to my follоwers! Eхceptional blog and superb desіgn.


my pаge; hcg drops diet

Melanie Hall said...

I need to read this, it's where i'm up to but have been putting it off... I might make it my next read :)

Helly Moulden said...

I read a few of the Black Dagger Brotherhood novels before I fell a little out of love with them. Though this one sounds good - I always wondered what would happen with Tohrment. I may just have to start reading through them again and actually get to the (current) end of the series this time!

Sam S. said...

I've heard mixed things but I think I'll willing to give this a go ;)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis