Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

A Review for Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
Posted by Donna
Release Date: October 25th, 2012
Finished Date: October 26th, 2012
Publishers: Simon & Schuster UK 
Source: For Review  
Format: Hardcover 
Pages: 464
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

Fates unfurl in the gripping conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Hush, Hush saga.

Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch. Fallen angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean they are fated to be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. Now Nora and Patch must gather their strength to face one last, perilous trial. Old enemies return, new enemies are made, and a friend's ultimate betrayal threatens the peace Patch and Nora so desperately want. The battle lines are drawn—but which sides are they on? And in the end, are there some obstacles even love can't conquer?

The Review: “I want to wake up with you every morning and fall asleep beside you each night,” Patch told me gravely. “I want to take care of you, cherish you, and love you in a way no other man ever could. I want to spoil you — every kiss, every touch, every thought, they all belong to you. I’ll make you happy. Every day, I’ll make you happy.” - Patch 


Becca Fitzpatrick took the YA  Paranormal market by storm way back in 2009 and for the last four years, I've followed Patch and Nora's journey and now, I'm sad to say, it's all over! I can't believe it but even though I'm sad it's over, I'm also in awe of how amazing this series is. 

In Finale we finally see everything come together. We have all our unanswered questions  answered, we finally see the conclusion of the war between Nephilim and Fallen Angels and of course, the big one - can Patch and Nora really have a life together? 

OH GOSH! I was so not prepared for this book. PURE AWESOMENESS! Really, Becca Fitzpatrick has out done herself with Finale. It is a fantastic conclusion to such a fantastic series and I have to say, I'm so looking forward to re-reading this series at some point in the future. It's definitely a keeper and I can't wait to fall in love with these characters all over again.

Nora is one of those characters that grows so much within the series. You've watched her go from normal teen girl to a strong women that's dealt with so many hard and emotional times. I'm so surprised that she hasn't broken down from the pressure but no matter what, Nora remains strong and determined and with Patch's help, she really does feel like she can take on the world. Now Patch, I honestly think I've lost count how many times I've told you how much I love him. HELLO? Who couldn't? He's just....sigh....AMAZING! Patch really puts all other men to shame because Becca writes him in a way that just makes you melt.  Every time he speaks - I swoon, every time he does something heroic - I swoon, and every time he gets on that motorbike - I swoon. It's safe to say, I swoon a lot when Patch is around. I was so praying for a happy ever ending for him and Nora but what we get is so much more. Becca really takes its to the beyond and I don't think any fan of this series will be disappointed with their ending.

All in all, Finale was perfect - just absolutely perfect, and all there's left to say is, if you haven't read this series, then READ IT, you won't be disappointed and I'm going to leave you with some of my favourite quotes. Enjoy! 


“All I can think about is bed.”
“We’re sharing the same thought.”
“You’re thinking about bed too?”
“I’m thinking about YOU in MY bed.” - Patch and Nora

“You dress to impress," I said approvingly.
"No, Angel." He leaned in, his teeth softly grazing my ear. "I undress to impress.” - Patch and Nora 

“I saw you, and I wanted to be close to you. I wanted you to let me in. I wanted to know you in a way no one else did. I wanted you, all of you. That wanting nearly drove me mad.” Patch paused, inhaling softly, as though breathing me in. “And now that I have you, the only thing that terrifies me is having to go back to that place. Having to want you all over again, with no hope of my desire ever being fulfilled. You’re mine, Angel. Every last piece of you. I won’t let anything change that.” - Patch 

Thank you to Simon & Schuster for giving me the opportunity to review this book. 

11 comments:

Erin W. said...

Fab review! I was a little bit surprised by the ending (it wasn't exactly how I imagined it to all end) but in any case I think this book was my favourite in the entire series. So yay for that!

Gina said...

Beautiful review! I have a real problem of reading books that are the last in the series because I never want the series to end. But I loved this review and it makes me want to go out and buy it. Thank you so much for the inspiration because I might just finish this series much earlier than I planned. Happy reading!

http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com

Danny Bookworm said...

Holy Awesome!! YES Patch is one of my favorite Book Boyfriends, I love him fiercely! There is no one like Patch *sigh*!!!
The only tiny complain I had was when Nora was so afraid to get into a physical relationship with him. I didn't get this. She's 18 and according to her Patch is the love of her life. So that was the only thing I didn't truly get... I know it's just a tiny aspect, but somehow this bugged me!


But apart from that!? I loved this epic ending.... and the final scene between Patch and Nora?? *sigh heavily* so beautiful!!

Suzanne @ Paranormal Book Fan said...

Oh Donna, I'm so excited to see you loved it. I'm going to read it next so I only skimmed your review, but I got the gist, it was awesome. Yay!!

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

I have to admit, this was my least favourite book of the series, but I was still pretty happy with the way things ended. I'm sure I'll miss these characters. Awesome review, Donna! I love your choice of quotes. :)

Elodie RASO said...

Glad you loved this one Donna :) !! I have 100 pages left to read and I'm not really sure what I think of Finale : I'm enjoying it but I'm a bit disappointed in it though .. Great review !

Brodie said...

I'VE JUST STARTED READING THIS!!!! Your gushing praise fills me with hope that I'm going to love it as much as you. Hush, Hush was one of the first few YA novels I read back in the day, so it's always held a special place in my heart. And PATCH. Oh heavens. (well, not quite heaven... :P). I'm about due for my dose of a bad boy fallen angel. Can't wait to progress through and see how it all ends! Fantastic review! And I love the quotes :D

Carly @ Fiction Fascination said...

Oh my this sounds soooo awesome, I NEED ME SOME patch action already, lol! I am so glad you loved this & thanks for sharing those teasing quotes! Fab review!! :)

Ria Patel said...

I absolutely loved this book. A friend recommended that i SHOULDN'T read this book but it looked absolutely so i thought I'd give it a shot. I'll tell you one this.... I'm glad I did! It was an absolutely great book trust me. And i think I agree the series ending was absolutely perfect! Great Review

alia said...

Does nora die in the finale cuz that s what I have heard :(

alessya said...

I have to read this one asap, I read the first three and loved them :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis