Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

A Review for Diary of a One Night Stand by Alexandrea Weis

Diary of a One-Night Stand
Posted by Donna
Release Date: July 28th, 2012
Finished Date: November 1st, 2012
Publishers: Self-Published
Source: For Review 
Format: Kindle 
Pages: 267
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US 

Resilient and practical, Kara Barton has continually strived to live a respectable life. She went to college, embarked on a promising career as an attorney, married a great guy, and always appeared to be the perfect wife and mother. But all is not what it seems, and the troubling past Kara has been running from her entire life is about to catch up with her. Urged on by her insecurities about growing older, and desperately wanting to feel one more night of passion, Kara agrees to share a tryst in a hotel room with a sexy business associate, Scott Ellsworth. But Scott wants more than one night together, and Kara quickly discovers it is impossible to resist him. Soon Kara finds herself transformed into the kind of woman she vowed never to become, and the secure world she has struggled all her life to build begins to fall apart. Kara Barton is about to find out how a one-night stand can change everything.

The Review: A few weeks back, I was after more adult contemporary books to review and luckily for me, Alexandrea Weis offered me her book, Diary of a One Night Stand – so a big thank you to Alexandrea. 

I enjoyed this story, it was just what I was looking for at the time and the author did a good job captivating me from the start. I enjoyed how the story started, it doesn’t start like any other book – it starts by the main character having a one night stand with a guy she’s attracted too and then, the story starts to come together. We see the characters enjoy each other’s company and bring in passion and happiness into one another’s lives, but we also see the characters struggle with loss, so the story does become quite emotional and I have to admit, I wasn’t expecting that. I did also enjoyed how the story and the characters were so well developed. 

Now while I enjoyed the story, I have to say, the characters we’re a little older than I’m used to. I usually read young adult books or new adult, I’ve never read a story where the character’s where older than my parents (the male lead is nearly 50, my dad is 44) so this kind of put me out of my comfort zone and took a while to get used to an ‘older’ male lead.  However, I did still enjoy the story and I loved that in the end, the characters found what they were looking for. 

Thank you to Alexandrea Weis for giving me the opportunity to review this book. 

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis