Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

A Review for Release Me by J.Kenner

Release Me: A Novel
Posted by Donna
Release Date: January 4th, 2012
Finished Date: November 14th, 2012
Publishers: Marion Lloyd Books
Source: For Review 
Format: Paperback
Pages: 417 
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes an erotic, emotionally charged romance between a powerful man who’s never heard “no” and a fiery woman who says “yes” on her own terms. 

He was the one man I couldn’t avoid. And the one man I couldn’t resist. 

Damien Stark could have his way with any woman. He was sexy, confident, and commanding: Anything he wanted, he got. And what he wanted was me.

Our attraction was unmistakable, almost beyond control, but as much as I ached to be his, I feared the pressures of his demands. Submitting to Damien meant I had to bare the darkest truth about my past—and risk breaking us apart.

But Damien was haunted, too. And as our passion came to obsess us both, his secrets threatened to destroy him—and us—forever.

Release Me is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.

The Review: He was the one man I couldn’t avoid. And the one man I couldn’t resist.

Release Me is a new three part series by author J. Kenner and it’s another story that's being hailed for fans of Fifty Shades and Bared to You. Now, I’ve read quite a few books similar to the books mentioned above but I do have my doubt if any books could really be on par with some of my favourites - even Release Me, but I really had nothing to worry about because Damien Stark managed to convince me that he belongs with some of the greatest fictional characters.

You’d think I’d start to get bored of the story where the main characters meet one night and find they are instantly attracted to another but because of their past’s, they fight temptation and hold them back. But honestly I don’t. And what makes Release Me stands out from the crowd is the fact it has such memorable characters. Both Damien and Nikki are intriguing and strong characters – both who have troubled pasted and both who are unwilling to share with one another, in case the other ones runs away. It’s pretty easy to see that they are a perfect match but they needed to let go of their pasts in order to do so. I loved seeing them opening up to one another, Damien takes Nikki beyond anything she ever could have hoped for and it was an enjoyable ride to read about and I loved how Damien had such a strong alpha male personality. 

I honestly don’t know what else to say about this book because it was good, very good and definitely worth a read especially if you’re a fan of this type of book. I will say I am looking forward to reading more from this author with Claim Me – book two in the Release Me series which is set to be released in July 2013.

"You’re mine," he says. "I know," I reply, and I mean it completely.

Thank you to the publishers for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis