Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#29)

 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Jess's WoW
Opal (Lux, #3)Opal (Lux #3)
by  Jennifer L.Armentrout
Release date: December 11th, 2012
<
No one is like Daemon Black.
<
When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.
<
But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.
<
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever. 
Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
<
Jess's Thoughts: I believe Donna used this as her WoW last week, and I'm using it as mine this week :) cannot wait for it! I love this series, I love these characters and I love these covers! Awesome.

Donna's WoW
The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)The Goddess Inheritance
by  Aimee Carter
Release date: February 2013


Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.

During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.
Donna's thoughts: OMG! I can not wait to get this book! Book two was so, so amazing and I need to know how it all ends!
<
What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Want to participate? 
Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. 
Happy Reading!

11 comments:

Siobhan @ Totally Bookalicious said...

I have fallen behind on The Goddess Series need to buy the books and catch up. :) fab pick

Check out our WoW

Maji Bookshelf said...

I am SO EXCITED for OPAL!! and also for The Goddess Inheritance!! awesome awesome picks!!


- Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Yvonne Leacy said...

Opal!! Sooo excited for this! I just can't contain my excitement! :)


My WoW: http://xtheshadowrealmx.blogspot.ie/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-27.html

Carina Olsen said...

Great picks :D Cannot wait for both books either ;) even though I still haven't started either series (A) but waiting for final books before starting :)

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

Lovely picks! I am definitely looking forward to Opal too! :D

LiteraryExploration said...

Eeeeeeeeep The Goddess Inheritance!!!! I am so excited for that one :D I can't wait until it goes up on NetGalley :D Great pick!!










Anna @ Literary Exploration
My WoW

Mist_BookaholicsBookClub said...

I really need to get off my butt and read JLAs books! Looking forward to The Goddess inheritance too!

Inky said...

Exciting! Love your picks!
Stop by MY WOW? <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

Suzanne @ Paranormal Book Fan said...

I so cannot wait for The Goddess Inheritance. I am really looking forward to that one. And I hope to be buying Obsidian soon, when things calm down a bit for me. I've heard sooo many great things about the series. Great picks :)

Elodie RASO said...

Great picks :). I'm dying to read Opal too, I need more Daemon Black !!

Carly @ Fiction Fascination said...

Great picks! I have heard great things about both series but unfortunately I haven't started any of them. Maybe one day... :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis