Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

A Review for Reflected in You (Crossfire #2) by Sylvia Day

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)Posted by Donna
Release Date: October 2nd, 2012
Finished Date: October 3rd, 2012
Publishers: Penguin Books
Source: Bought
Format: Kindle
Pages: 400
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession.

The Review: Unlike some of you, I haven't been waiting for the release date for Reflected into You all that long, but I have been eagerly awaiting it because I absolutely fell in love with Bared to You when I read it a few months back. I was looking for something on par with Fifty Shades of Grey and Sylvia Day knocked it right on the head and if anything, created something even better. Better characters, better romance, better everything!

Reflected into You starts where Bared to You ends and if you thought you’d finally read a drama free story, then think again. Most people might wonder where the author could now take this story but don’t worry, Sylvia Day takes it to a whole new level and I’m just talking about the sex scenes. It’s beautiful,
confusing, happy, frustrating, compelling, shocking and did I say frustrating? But it’s a good frustrating. I for one, was hoping we would see Gideon become that more open with Eva, but if anything he became worse. It’s clear he’s hiding something, he doesn’t even deny it to Eva but he does tell her and us to trust him. We all know what kind of man he is and we all know how deep his love runs for Eva but we really see that love in a dark way this time around, and we see how far he’s willing to go to protect her. I for one thought it was a fantastic twist – one I didn’t see coming but the author really keeps you on your toes and even though things may appear one way, just listen to Gideon when he says “TRUST ME” because if you don’t, you will probably thinking the same as Eva. It was pretty clear there was something BIGGER was going on that Eva wasn’t aware of and of course, everyone tries to hide it from her but all I say is, be patient and you will love this story for what it is.

“I’m caught up with you, Eva.” With his head tilted back, Gideon pulled me down for the sweetest of kisses, hi firm lips moving gently beneath mine. “I’d kill for you,” he whispered, “give up everything I own for you….but I won’t give you up.” – Gideon

Eva and Gideon’s relationship really is tested this time around, and they have so many scenes that are beautiful and touching. I can’t even imagine what the author has in store for us with book three and I’m hoping it will give everyone the ending they want and need. For me, this series is definitely a favourite and I’m counting down the days until the next release date.

“I’m obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You’re everything I’ve ever wanted or needed, everything I’ve ever dreamed of. You’re everything. I live and breathe you. For you.” – Gideon

14 comments:

Zoë Somers said...

I can't wait to get myself a copy! I loved Bared to You :D

Erin W. said...

I will never read the full version of Fifty Shades of Grey but I did recently give the first book of this series a go and I actually . . . quite liked and enjoyed it. It's much better than the samples I've read of Fifty Shades. The characters and the storyline are better developed you know? Anyway great review!

Carly @ Fiction Fascination said...

Wonderful review Donna! This sounds fabulous, I'm glad you enjoyed this as much as the first! I really need to get my paws on the first book soon. :)

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

I love those quotes! I'm worried that this might not be for me but I'm definitely curious about these books. I'm glad you liked it hun! Brilliant review. :)

the autumn review said...

Great review! I can't wait to read it.

Fara Nani said...

Great review! And good job in choosing the quote! Gah! I want to read this SO BADLY! I mean, I've read Bared to You and it was AMAZING!

DonnasReviews said...

Totally agree Erin. I loved Fifty but this is so much better. You gotta read it! =)

DonnasReviews said...

Aww Sam, try it! I know you wasn't keen on Fifty but it's so much more than that! =)

Rachelanbig said...

Oh these two are so intense! I can't get enough of them. Wonderful review Donna. :)

Anonymous said...

Juѕt submit youг email аt http://wωw.
freeipad3.аllthеbestρroducts.net and sign up tо test Apple's products! You get to keep them afterwards!
Here is my blog The DASH Diet Action Plan: Proven to Boost Weight Loss and Improve Health (A DASH Diet Book) Review

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this website. I’m hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming also. In fact your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own web site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.

Anonymous said...

I am not certain the place you are getting yοur info, but
good tοpic. I neеdѕ to
spend а whilе learning moгe or wοrking out more.
Τhanκѕ for excellent info I was seaгching
fοг thiѕ info for my misѕion.


Also viѕit my homepage hcg diet drops

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying the thеmе/dеsign of уour website.

Do you ever run into any bгowseг compatibility іsѕuеs?

Α few οf my blog viѕіtorѕ haѵe complained about my blog not opeгating corгectly in Explorer but looks great іn Chrοmе.
Do you have any solutіοns to helρ fix this ρrоblem?


My web-sitе car insurance quote

mayceegreene said...

This was a excellent review, Sandy. I have heard a lot of Sylvia. I
have Bared to You, but have not had the time to read it yet. Reading
your review makes me want to start it soon.

Maycee (SEO Austin)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis