Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

A Review for Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Deity (Covenant, #3)Posted by Donna
Release Date: November 6th, 2012
Finished Date: July 22nd, 2012
Publishers: Spencer Hill Press
Source: ARC For Review
Format: Paperback 
Pages: 360
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time."
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...


The Review: Deity....Oh my god....It's officially my favourite read of 2012! It's just phenomenal! I'm in shock, I'm amazed and I'm in awe by Jennifer's work. She has a way with details that leaves fire running through you're body and has you sitting on the edge of you're seat with excitement. Deity had everything I could have wanted from a book and more, it's an extremely fantastic read.

With Alex's awakening fast approaching, she's determined to try put it off for as long as possible, but every time she gets close to Seth, a mysterious new mark appears on her body and she can't help that think that Seth's behind it. Torn between love and Fate, Alex's life is thrown into a whirlwind of dangerous events and hidden secrets are finally revealed. Can Alex survive this new round of tests? And can she find out the answers to her questions? 

I just knew I'd love this book and Jennifer really doesn't disappoint! Deity is full of engaging scene's, driven by emotion and full of love. It's not without it's dangerous and hard scenes but still, love drives this story and it's definitely not an unforgettable one.

The characters are just as fantastic as ever. I'm so excited for you guys to read this book so you can see what I mean but Alex if anything, becomes so much more lovable. I didn't even think that was possible but she does. You're heart breaks for her as she struggles to come to terms with what she has facing ahead of her and the torment she is put through is unbelievable. This girl doesn't get it easy and I'm also sacred for her for the next book. Now Seth, he becomes a character that you're either going to love or hate and while I liked him in previous books, I absolutely hate him now. I won't go into more details about him but yeah, not my favourite guy right now. And Aiden, oh my god...can this guy get any more swoon-worthy? Well the answer is YES HE CAN! I'm in awe by Aiden. He's everything you want from a guy, lovable, funny, gorgeous and caring. The way he feels for Alex pours out of his soul and we see a completely different guy this time around. I never want to lose this Aiden and I'm eager to see what comes next. 

His lips met mine, and like all the times before there was indefinable spark that coursed through us. He made a sound against my lips, kissing me harder and harder. He pulled back just enough so that his lips brushed mine when he spoke. "I can't keep pretending that I don't want this - that I don't want you. I can't." 
- page 212 in ARC edition from Spencer Hill Press 
 
All in all, Jennifer L. Armentrout has captured, compelled and amazed me with her spellbinding and magical work. Deity will be a favourite of mine for a long long time and I can not wait to see what comes next. 

A huge thank you to Spencer Hill Press for giving me the opportunity to review this book. 

13 comments:

Siobhan @ Totally Bookalicious said...

Fab review. :) I enjoyed this one, the ending was amazing. I gave it 4/5.

Danny Bookworm said...

Oki so I just skipped over your review right to your "epic" rating! I cannot freaking wait for it! I have a copy from BEA which I'm going to start right now! I think I'm ready for epic :)

Book Angel Emma said...

Seriously killing me. I read the Lux novels on the weekend & loved them. Now I have to read this series :P

Carly @ Fiction Fascination said...

captured, compelled and amazed, 3 words that I like to hear! Plus an EPIC rating! I need to start this series already as everyone loves it! So glad this your favourite read of 2012, Donna! Brilliant review, you have convinced me! :)

Rachelanbig said...

This was one of my favorite reads of 2012 as well! I don't think I could love Aiden more! Love the quote Donna! I can't wait for the next book since that cliffhanger just about killed me! Great review. :)

Elodie RASO said...

OMG I'm soooooo jealous of you right now Donna !! I'm DYING to read this book !!
Sorry I didn't read the review because I want 0 hint on what's happening in this one but I'm thrilled you loved it. It makes me even more excited (if that's even possible) to read this book !!

DonnasReviews said...

Danny....READ IT NOW! So, so amazing! Hope you enjoy it! =)

Calwen said...

Perfect review Donna! Only 2 weeks till I can read Deity myself. Cannot wait!

Brent Morris said...

Great review.

chloe said...

this just makes me want to read it even more. great review

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS!!!

Megan said...

I am counting down the days until this book comes out!!! By the way, Aiden's birthday is next Tuesday. Who's celebrating?!?!? ME!!!! (lame? I think not).

Pink Cookie said...

I hope not... i even made a cake!

Pink Cookie said...

I loved it! I really did. Brilliant.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis