Pages

Saturday 9 July 2011

Battle of the Sexes: Girls (#2): Katniss Everdeen vs Zoey Redbird


Battle of the sexes is a new weekly meme created by us at Book Passion for Life. Every Friday we'll post a poll with 2 characters from 2 different books. We will alternate each week between boys and girls. We'll be running the polls for 12 weeks, at which point YOU thats right YOU bloggers will vote for your favourite character (boy or girl) depending on which week it is. At the end of the 12 weeks, we will place all previous winners into one poll where you will all vote for your ULTIMATE CHARACTER. That character will be crowned King or Queen in the Battle of the sexes final. 

Bloggers that wish to take part in this meme are welcome to do so. When you post the meme please link back to us. You are welcome to alternate each week, so if you would prefer to do girls first then you are welcome to. When posting this meme please include the following info on your characters:
  • Their stats like full name, date of birth, eye colour, hair colour, books they've featured in etc...
  • Three quote's for each character
  • The book cover from where these characters originate OR a photo that best reflects the character
Other than that, there isn't anything else to add to the meme. There are no rules, so pretty much anything goes. 

 vs 

Katniss's Stats:
Name: Katniss Everdeen, 
Nicknames: Catnip, The Mockingjay, Sweetheart and The Girl on Fire
Age: 16 
Hair: Long straight black hair usually in a braid down her back
Eye Colour: Grey 
Description: Olive skin, small but strong, natural survivor.
Books featured in: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay


Zoey's Stats:
Name/Nickname: Zoey Mongomery, Zoey Redbird, 
Nicknames: Z.
Age: 16
Hair: Long brown 
Description: Zoey has lace-like markings on her face, shoulders, back, waist, hands, and chest
Books featured in: The House of Night Series 8 books in total

Katniss Quotes:


"The question is, what are you going to do?"
It turns out the question that's been eating away at me has only ever had one possible answer. But it took Peeta's ploy for me to recognize it.
What am I going to do?
I take a deep breath. My arms rise slightly - as if recalling the black-and-white wings Cinna gave me - then come to rest at my sides.

"I'm going to be the Mockingjay." 




"Sometimes when I'm alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena." 


"I don't want to lose the boy with the bread." 


"I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun." 


Zoey Quotes:
"As your girlfriend, you've just pissed me off. As your High Priestess, you've just insulted me. And as someone with a working brain, you've made me wonder if you've lost every bit of your sense. 


"I'd sacrificed true love and a popped cherry to the god of deception and hormones."


"If I died, would it get me out of my geometry test tomorrow? One could only hope." 


"I still didn't look at him. I was afraid if I did that, I would turn around, run back to him, and hurl myself into his arms." 


Okay everyone! There's all the details on our women this week. Here's the voting poll...so time to cast your votes! Winner will be announced once the 5 days of voting is up! Have fun :)


6 comments:

Jennifer_After_Dark said...

I had to vote for Katniss,,,one I love the Hunger Games,,and 2 well I dont know who Zoey is,,
Jennifer

Bookish Brunette said...

I don't know who Zoey is either, so I go with Katniss too! Though I must check out Zoey's book now!! Lol!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Definitely Katniss :)

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

idk who Zoey is either): What series is she from Donna/Jess?? (:

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I like Katniss because she is feisty and brave and always tries to do the right thing.
Zoey is annoying and selfish and thinks way too much of herself! (BTW guys she is the MC in the House of Night series)

Book Passion for Life said...

House of Night Series. I can't believe so many of you haven't read that series. I thought everyone had. Lol

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis