Pages

Sunday 17 July 2011

A review for The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: October 25th, 2011
Finished Date: July 17th, 2011
Source: ARC 
Format: E-Galley
Pages: 304
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Ash, former prince of the Winter Court, gave up everything. His title, his home, even his vow of loyalty. All for a girl… and all for nothing. Unless he can earn a soul. 
<
To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought. Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive. With the (unwelcome) company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end— a quest to find a way to honor his solemn vow to stand by Meghan’s side. To survive in the Iron realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. At least, no one has ever passed to tell the tale. And then Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that turns reality upside down, challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.

The Review: "I’m almost there. Wait for me just a little bit longer. "

I honestly don’t even know where to begin with this review and I don’t even think I could write a review that will do this book the praise it deserves but I will say this, The Iron Knight had everything I could have asked for and more. Julie Kagawa has utterly surpassed my expectations and blown all previous books away with her truly amazing writing, her creative imagination and her gift for storytelling. Not only has she done a fantastic job with this novel but she has left me utterly speechless. Never have I felt so much joy and sadness for a book before but that’s what I’m left with. I’m left with Joy because it’s the most perfect ending to a fantastic series and sadness because it’s finally come to an end. Not only am I sad to be leaving these characters that I love but I am also sad that I didn’t get to spend more time with them as I wished. After only discovering this series a few months ago, I feel my time has come to an end too quickly. But, I do believe it was the best possible way because the excitement I had when I first started this series, is still with me now even though I’ve finished the final book. 

Looking back on all four books, I honestly would have been sad had it of ended with The Iron Queen therefore I am truly grateful to Julie to have continued on with the series and created another amazing piece of work. Ash has always been a favourite character of mine, I’ve loved him from the start and if it’s possible I think I love him that much more now. This story shows him in a completely different light, you get to see his deepest darkest secrets and somehow still manage to love him. Julie definitely did the right thing by doing this book from his point of view, I know it was sad to leave Meghan behind but she’s not truly forgotten. Honestly, if could rate The Iron Knight 10 out of 10 I would. This book is definitely my favourite out of the series and this series is definitely my favourite out of everything I’ve read. 

Thank you once again to Julie Kagawa for captivating us, compelling us and taking us all on this incredible journey with you. Even though the series has come to an end, it will truly not be forgotten and will be forever in our hearts.

8 comments:

Jules said...

I love when you read a book that is just great! :)

I haven't started this series yet but it is definitely one that I really want to get round to reading :)

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

Ah I'm so glad both me and you are happy about this ending book, it seriously could not have been better!! (: Great review Donna! (:

Liz. R said...

I'm so glad you thought it was the perfect end! I've been really worrying about it, but I feel much better now. Hopefully I can read this soon, it sounds so amazing! Thanks for the review :).

Bookish Brunette said...

I STILL have to read the previous THREE! I've one read The Iron Ling! I plan to remedy this shortly!!! xoxo

Alba said...

I feel just like you!!I got my books just 2 months ago, thank god I haven't read The Iron Knight yet I want to keep waiting until the release to be with the characters a bit more!!! but seriously can't wait for it!!
thanks for the awesome fast review!!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

It's a crime, I know, but I've yet to start this series. I've seen so many glowing reviews though, and I must try...fab review! :)

Book Passion for Life said...

*Sigh* sounds awesome Donna. Glad you got to read it. I might wait for the release to make it more worth while. Great review chick.
-Jess

Bleuette said...

Great review! I just read the Iron Knight on netgalley and absolutely loved it! Here's my review:

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/07/review-iron-knight.html

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis