Pages

Monday 25 July 2011

A review for Vanish (Firelight #2) by Sophie Jordan

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: September 6th, 2011
Finished Date: July 13th, 2011
Source: ARC - NetGalley
Format: E-Galley
Pages: 304
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone. Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love? 
<
The Review: *Squeeeee* Imagine my excitement when I found this lovely book on NetGalley. Yeah, I was over the moon! The first book in the series Firelight blew me away with its completely unique story line and its amazing world that Sophie Jordan has created and of course, Vanish was just as good. 

This story starts off where Firelight finished. Jacinda and her family are on their way back to the Pride after Caspian has found them. But no sooner are Will’s cousins on their trail after they have discovered what Jacinda really is. Luckily for Jacinda, help appears in a person that was once written off by the Pride giving them chance to make their escape. 

Once back at the Pride, things are harder than ever and rules have now been enforced. Will trying to settle back in, Jacinda must now prove to the pride that she does belong amongst them but how can she do that when she still loves Will? But when Jacinda and Cassian become closer, she has a choice to make…….Stay at the Pride with Cassian or leave forever and be with Will? Who will she choose?

It was so great being back in the Draki world. Sophie Jordan has one incredible imagination and if you thought Firelight was great, then you’re going to love this. Jacinda for me became a much more likable person this time around, not that she wasn’t likable in the first book but she goes through so many different emotions during this book, I felt I connected with her that much more. She is always going to be an awesome character but I loved we got to see so many different sides of her. Cassian, I also liked him more this time around too and honestly, sometimes I was just as torn as Jacinda is but then Will….ahhhh Will but pop back up into the story line and for me Cassian was forgotten. My only complaint and why I rated the book 4.5 inside of 5 was NOT ENOUGH WILL in this book! I needed and wanted more of him but things are looking up for the next instalment. 

The storyline itself has twists and turns throughout and honestly some of the things that happened left me totally shocked. I’m not going to say much; however the book cover for one……is a shocker…..but a fantastic addition to the story. But what shocked me the most was Cassian’s and Jacinda’s story. My heart broke for Jacinda as she is forced into something she doesn’t want but is left with no other choice. Yeah like I said SHOCKER!!! We also finally get to see what Pride life is really like and it’s a lot harder for our characters this time around. With all the new rules and dictation amongst the Pride, I really felt you seen the nastier side to Pride life. And honestly, I don’t think I’d want to live their either. 

Overall, Sophie Jordan has created another book with the same amount of captivity and imagination as the first book and honestly doesn’t disappoint. I’m dying to find out some news on book 3 as that cliff-hanger will leave you wanting to know more.
 

Thank you NetGalley and HarperCollins for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

I evny you :P I want to read this book sooo bad, I loved the first one!! Great review I'm glad that you enjoyed it :)

http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/

Becky Johnson said...

I must have been sleeping! I read the first book, but didn't realised there was more! Doh! Fantastic review that fills me with confidence that book 2 will be as amazing as book 1. Thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

These business synеrgies are еxpectеd to bе completеd lateг this уear.
Such a stratеgy helps гemedу the situatіοn and needs.


Look аt my web-sitе: how to get into internet marketing

Anonymous said...

Frоm the perspeсtive of thе Chеap Search Engine Optimizаtion ѕtгаtegiѕts,
you might notice thеy moѕtly fail in the first
pagе of seаrch resultѕ.

Fеel free to vіsit my рagе .
.. jodohinternet.com

Anonymous said...

I was glad to see that the Kinect dance para xbox 360 add a brand new system can cost
hundreds of dollars, with used systems costing about
1/3rd less.

Look into my blog: julissabe.wallinside.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis