Pages

Monday 14 April 2014

A Review for The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3) by Julie Kagawa

The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)Posted by Donna
Release Date: April 15th, 2014
Finished Date: March 14th, 2014
Publishers: Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Dystopian
Source: For Review
Format: eARC
Pages: 416
VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS 

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? 

With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer. 

MONSTER 

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie. 

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.

The Review: Enthralling, dark and action-packed, The Forever Song is the finale instalment in Julie Kagawa’s Blood of Eden series and gosh, what an ending it was! 

After her love Zeke was killed Allison has done the one thing that she said she’d never do. She’s given in to her inner monster and becoming what she is she most fears, just so she doesn’t have to face the pain of losing Zeke. Now on a journey with her sire Kanin and blood brother Jackal to try and stop Sarren from releasing the new virus that will kill everything that walks on the earth. However, Sarren being the true monster he is has left Allison a few surprises on her journey to try and distract her. But can Allison reach Sarren in time before it’s too late?

I feel like I’ve been waiting for The Forever Song for forever, but really it’s only been 3 years. For 3 years we’ve been on the Blood of Eden journey which Julie has created and of course, it was completely amazing. As usual, Julie delivers an epic finale, one that’s unforgettable. Her writing is simply brilliant and even when she’s writing dark stories there’s just something beautiful about her work. She always drags me in from start to finish and whenever I finish a book, I’m left wanting more from her. With quotes like this; "The world went red. Screaming, I leaped down into the middle of the swarm and began laying waste with my katana. Limbs and heads parted for me as I carved my way through the horde. My demon reveled in the chaos and destruction, howling in delight with every body that fell, painting the snow and the cars around me with dark blood." This is the reason Julie is one of my favourite authors! 

Allison has come such a long way and I couldn’t be prouder of the person she’s become. She struggles every day but she’s completely committed to do the right thing. It helps that she has people around her that want to help her like Kanin and Zeke – even Jackal in his own twisted way. The relationship between them all really grows though The Forever Song. The bonds they form are touching and loving. They also bring a lot of humour into the story, especially Jackal. I honestly can’t remember how many times I burst out laughing because of the things he says. Simply brilliant! 

The plot of the story was fast paced and really entertaining. I was so pleased with the outcome of the story – although sad for one characters future but I could see why things needed to be that way. And honestly, by the end of the story, I still wanted more even though I was completely satisfied as a reader. I definitely believe Jackal could have his own standalone book. I’d love for him to find love and I think it would be really epic to what that happen. 

In all, Julie Kagawa has done it again and delivered an epic end to an awesome series. And this makes me even more excited to read Talon. 

Favourite Quotes: "Hey, minions! Daddy's home, and he's not happy! But because I'm such a nice guy, I'm going to give you a choice. You can make it easy for yourself and blow your brains out right now, or I can slowly twist your head around until it pops right off your neck. Your move!" 

2 comments:

Clover said...

I'm so excited to see how this story ends! I love this series and these characters so much...

serifinaxxx said...

It feels so long since I've read this series... Looks like I'll have a lot to look forwards to when I go back. Thanks for the review!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis