Pages

Monday 16 July 2012

US vs UK (#51)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 51st US vs UK book cover battle. 

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

The Scores so far are:
US: 13  UK: 18 Draw: 20

US vs UK Round 51


As Jess is on holiday fora week, out guest reviewer Melanie will be helping today! 

 The  Forsaken by Lisa Stasse

The Forsaken (The Forsaken, #1)VS  The Forsaken (The Forsaken, #1)

Melanie says: I like the US one because it’s abstract – it makes me think it has a scientific feel to it with the satellite, geometric structure and hints of a hidden base. The UK one has a ‘Hunger games’ feel to it, again this implies seclusion within a forest and the barbed wire gives a trapped/enclosed hint. Both book covers fit the bill well although in different areas – The US one focussing more on the government/scientific area of it whereas the UK one emphasises the escape aspect of the plot. Both are fitting and both would make me take a second look so I think for this I will have to go for both.


Donna says:  I think Melanie raises some good points but personally me, I prefer the US cover. I'm not really a fan of covers where it look like a comic and that's how I see the UK cover. The US cover makes me want to pick it up and if I was to pick on to sit on my shelf, it would be the US one.


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Hysteria by Megan Miranda

Hysteria  VS  Hysteria

Melanie says: The US one gives the impression that some-one is a blank canvas or is missing something from them-selves mentally and that’s about all I’m getting from that. The UK cover is more interesting, the girls’ eyes draw you in making you think she is on edge, vigilant, secretive and has a plan in motion plus the blood spatter on the sides gives it a more dangerous feel maybe deadly.  If I saw these in a book shop I would probably ignore the US cover all together and take a further look at the UK so we have a winner – UK wins this this round.


Donna says: This is an easy on on for me because not matter how much a cover looks interesting, I'll always pick a pretty one, so yes, US gets my vote. Not that I don't like the UK one but it looks kinda creepy, where as the US one, looks interesting and beautiful at the same time. The blood on the UK cover kind of creeps me out too. So US for me. 


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Which do you prefer? Leave us your comments below!! =) 
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to........US with 3 votes!

18 comments:

Carly Chambers said...

Oooh, I love the US cover for Forsaken, this is the first I have seen it! UK win for Hysteria, the girls eyes really draw you in! Thanks for sharing :) 

Erin W. said...

I love both of the US covers for these two books. It draws me in more.

Suzanne @ Paranormal Book Fan said...

I'm not really crazy about either of The Forsaken covers so its a draw for them. I prefer the UK cover Hysteria.

Zoe @ Bookhi said...

The US cover of Forsaken looks amazing, it's so detailed and unique. But I love the UK one of Hysteria, it's really eye-catching. Thanks for sharing, I've never seen these covers before :) x

keren kiesslinger said...

I would say US for Forsaken (as that is the one I am going to buy - or get for my birthday-) And the UK one for Hysteria - I will be buying that one when it's out too. 
I prefer the whole feel of the US Forsaken- the UK one is a little 'Hunger Games' ish and as I don't want to read those books, it puts me off.
The Missing head thing on US Hysteria, hmm I just don't like it I'm afraid. However, I love the pull I feel from her eyes on UK _ I am drawn to it instantly.

Addie R. said...

I aggre with what Melanie said for Forsaken's US cover. And for Hysteria, definitley the UK.

Lesley's Reviews said...

US I think and wow Mel you're super good at deciphering covers!

nat cleary said...

I love the UK one for Forsaken. As for Hysteria it has to be UK again. Its so much creepier and I would definitely pick it up if I saw it.

miki said...

uk for forsaken

Rachelanbig said...

 I was just telling Sam that I like the UK cover for Forsaken better than the US one, so UK for that one.

I have to go with Donna on Hysteria.  I like the US cover better, the pretty red dress and stormy background is more to my liking.  I like this idea for a post, ladies! :)

Rebecca (Kindle Fever) said...

I'm voting a mix this week! I love the US cover of The Forsaken! It's gorgeous and captivating, while the UK one is a bit more... bland. It looks like a lot of covers out there already. Hysteria, UK wins without a doubt! It draws me in a whole lot, making me feel like the title plays a part in the story, while the US one looks like a comedy in a way. o: Great edition!

Melanie H said...

Haha, it's my first go so I made an effort ;)

Anonymous said...

The polished chain and bold brand symbol on every bag sets them apart from their peers.

Moreover, we do not select every advertiser or advertisement that appears on the web site-many of the advertisements are served by third party advertising companies..

..

With its versatility and comfortable structure, the BioFitcollection is perfect for any occasion.

Silence (1972), sur le label ECM, reste le plus abouti et le plus mythique de leurs albums.

Anonymous said...

Over the back of the label there ought to be a serial/model number/letter that details the season and the make/model within the handbag.

I would add gold to the wisdom of Robert Lichello's observation that in nuclear winters only cigarettes, soap, booze, and chocolate have investment value.

As a vampire in the Backstreet Boys comeback single, "Straight Through My Heart," she got to flirt with simple mortals at an atmospheric nightclub before getting tossed into the sunlight by a fanged Nick Carter.

They are always in need of volunteers, on both a regular basis and for special events.

En raison de n茅o op茅rations faisant tout simplement victimes de Carhartt V锚tements,.

Anonymous said...

But he and other non-American vendors on bases already are braced for an uncertain future as the US military completes its gradual withdrawal from Iraq by the end of 2011..

Similarly, ceiling lights are attached everywhere in the going to be the ceiling and there is because a widechoice concerning fancy in addition there as if that's the case such as chandeliers made relating to natural glass, crystal, plastic or even whatever.

Find out if Frankie B women lowrise jeans are right for you and where you can buy a cool pair of discount Frankie B lowrise jeans online..

At Dillard's clearance sale you will find Giani Bini "Billie" knit tops and "Freedom" pants, Giani Bini "Tiffany" knit tops and "Trixie" pants, Giani Bini Addison knit tops, Catch My I shrugs, Catch My I ruched back shrugs, Catch My I crossover neck tops, Steve Madden "Storm Sensation" dresses and 717 more trendy designer fashions.

classic bw homme.

Anonymous said...

The Sanctuary falls in the path of several of the Steppe eagles and the European and Carmine bee-eaters.

All these things should be fixed uniformly with the leather.

Please bear in mind though, that this house is in Hackney, one of the, shall we say, edgiest areas of inner London..

Elena stopped screaming and swearing and showed a surprisingly softer side.

Comme are generallys'avrrre rrtre cher.

Anonymous said...

I lost sleep so I could read more.

PRLog (Press Release) - Oct.

No more hide and go seek with Kate for the chance to see her outfit -- and no need to replay tapings of the wedding or view from a computer screen..

The winner of the first challenge of "Project Runway: Season Ten" was Christopher Palu for his two black dresses.

Les vacances deviennent alors une p茅riode de libert茅 programm茅e, un entracte鈥?dont certains ont tendance 脿 profiter..

Anonymous said...

There are also a number of people who only buy fakes so they can wear them for ordinary days so they can preserve their real UGGs.

The students should go to school in uniforms or jeans with a plain shirt, Because fashion is just a waste of natural resources.

Later, at the parties, Harry delivered the traditional best man's toast, which the palace wouldn't detail.

The latest venture for Kors is pledging to raise millions for the United Nations World Food Programme.

Aiment et ont maintenant int茅ressant avec cette saison d'茅t茅 脿 l'aide de votre piscine go oeil accrocheur est d'accord avec..

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis