Saturday, 11 October 2014

{Review} I Want to Be a Witch by Ian Cunliffe

21813235Posted by Donna
Release Date:  September 1st, 2014
Finished Date: September 29th, 2014
Publishers: Tiger Tales
Genre: Children's Picture Book
Ages: 3-6 years 
Source: For Review
Format: Paperback
Pages: 32
When I grow up, I want to be a witch, says a little girl. She would have a sparkly hat, a crystal ball, a wand to do spells, and of course, a broomstick. She definitely wouldn't cook up any smelly potions-and she probably wouldn't turn her brother into a frog. And spiders and bats? No way! Her companion would be her cat!

The Review: I Want to Be a Witch is the perfect Halloween themed story for you to enjoy with your little one. It's about a little girl who wants to a be a witch when she grows up. 

My 4 year old loved this and I have to say I did too. We've read a few similar stories about little girls wanting to be a fairy or princess, but never anything with a Halloween theme so this one was a different read for us but we absolutely loved the story. 
We really enjoyed how the little girl knew right from wrong and she had a clear vision of what she wanted. As you read more of the story you discover what aspects of being a witch the little girl wants and doesn't want. The story was funny and entertaining. The illustrations were very bright and very detailed. 

In all, I Want to Be a Witch was everything you could want from a children's story to keep your little ones entertained and a job well done to Ian Cunliffe! 

Thank you to Tiger Tales for giving me the opportunity to review this book in exchange for an honest review. 

2 comments:

Cali Willette said...

Cute story for Halloween. <3

Megan McDade said...

This sounds like such a cute read for kids!