Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#58)

 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 
Jess's WoW

13418925

Don't Look Back
by Jennifer Armentrout
Release date: April 15th, 2014
Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend.
 
Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash.
But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?
Jess's thoughts: Fan of JLA YA books, so I'm looking forward to this one. I don't even remember adding it to my TBR on GR at all! I need to keep up with new releases. Anyway, excited for this one. Sounds similar to a book I read last year. 
Donna's WoW
15844362
The One (The Selection #3)
by Kiera Cass
Release Date: May 6th, 2014

The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.


Donna's thoughts: Le sigh! Look at that amazing cover! I'm a huge fan of this series, so The One is probably one of my favourite picks for "waiting on" - I need this book! I need Maxon and America together...I can't wait!
<
What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Want to participate? 
Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. 
Happy Reading!

8 comments:

BookarooJu said...

Yes! & Yes! Awesome, awesome choices. I'm so eager for both of these. ♥

My Wow @ Bookaroo-Ju

Melanie Hall said...

Why am I only seeing that JLA one now??? Sounds great! I have yet to read the Selection series, don't know if it's for me really - Great picks ladies :)

BookPforLife said...

Don't worry Mel, it appeared on my tbr randomly. I think Donna has been at my lists again lol.

~Jess

Melanie Hall said...

I just went to put it on my TBR list and strangely it has been there since January 2012 ?!?!

DonnasReviews said...

Well I know I DEFO put it on Jess's list because without me, she'd never be up to date on Goodreads, lol - But not your's Mel!! LOL

Kristin@Blood, Sweat and Books said...

Don't look back sounds really interesting and it's a new JLA so it's bound to be a win. I haven't read The Selection yet but that cover for The One is really gorgeous. Nice picks.

El said...

Two times yes! I didn't know a new book by Armentrout was coming out. So excited! And after reading The Elite I have to get my hands on The One. Great picks!

My Wow @ So Bookalicious

Angie F. said...

I can't wait for both of these either! Great picks, ladies! :D

Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis