Pages

Monday 22 August 2011

US vs UK (#20)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 20th US vs UK book cover battle. We've seen this posted on a few other blogs, and thought we'd jump on the band wagon!

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

The Scores so far are: 
US: 5  UK: 7  Draw: 6

US vs UK Round 20

Hearts at Stake/My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey

vs   

Jess says:  I've heard a lot about this series, and it's on my ever growing TBR list. I like them both, but I definitely prefer the UK cover. I like the font and just the simplicity of the cover. It's more captivating than the US cover.

Donna says:  I love this series! I love the UK cover....don't get me wrong, the US one is okay but the UK one seems to attract me more to the book. I like how the bleeding heart is on the neck and I love the fonts used for the wording. What I don understand is why they have to different names, I just don't see the point but UK gets my vote.

Which do you prefer?
_______________________

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

vs  

Jess Says: This is a hard one. Both are beautiful, but I think I prefer the US one. I prefer the golden light colour of a sunrise instead of the red sunset look. However I do love the font for the UK cover better than the US font. The US gets this one for me I think.

Donna Says:  Now, I know there isn't much difference to these covers but I just love the cover so we wanted to show it. I personally used to love the UK cover but I lean more towards the US one now. I love how much of the yellow shows through that you can kind of see the halo around the characters head and I love the fonts and swirly pattern around the title. US for me! 

Which do you prefer?
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to.....Its a draw with 2 votes each!

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :) 

11 comments:

tthepageturner said...

Love the UK cover for the first, and the US for the second! :) I still have yet to read Halo.

Braiden said...

The US one you have for Halo is actually, originally the Australian cover which the US pubs re-used. Just thought I’d point that out :P

Yiota said...

I would say UK for both.

Carina said...

For both of these I actually prefer the UK cover. :)

Anonymous said...

The UK for the first and US for Halo.

Liz. R said...

I agree with you - UK for the first one and US for the second :)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

hmmm.. the Halo covers are so similar, I wonder why they even bothered changing them.

I'd say U.S. on both for me.

Emily said...

UK on the first (I like the title better as well), and US for Halo

Alba said...

halo I simply love the US cover...
the other one I agree with you! looooove the UK cover!

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

US for both for me!(:

Books for Company said...

UK for the 1st one
US for 2nd one.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis