Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2011

A review for The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa

Posted by Donna
Published Date: January 25th, 2011
Finished Date: April 27th, 2011
The Blurb: My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.


The Review: I'm still a little lost for words with this book so I'm going to try and write as best a review as I can. 

The Iron Queen is the third book in the Iron Fey series and its starts off pretty much were The Iron Daughter ends. With Ash & Meghan now in the mortal world after being exiled by both the Summer and Winter courts, they start planning on being together. Although, their happiness is short lived and are thrown back into the nightmare of the war started by The Iron Fey. With Meghan being the only hope to save the whole of Faery, she takes on another journey with Puck, Ash & Grim who are helping her fight to see another day by trying to take down the false Iron King. 

I'm completely amazed by how great this series is. After reading book one & book two, I never thought they could be beaten BUT I am so glad to be wrong. I can not believe the emotional journey that is this book. It had everything from adventure, mystery, action, romance and I completely loved every single moment of it. 

What I really enjoyed about this book was, that we got introduced to some new characters, most of them Iron Fey but I was so surprised by how quickly that I took to them. Even though they are supposed to be the enemy, there were still so likeable. But, my favourite new character has to Razor who is so adorable. Don't shoot me for saying this, but I actually think I like him more than Grim. I really hope we see more of him in future. 

I felt Meghan became a stronger person in this book. The poor girl goes through some much with the fate of Faery weighing down on her shoulders but at least Ash was there to help. I was extremely happy that there was so many happy time between them both. I love that their so open with each other and that they new what the other was thinking at times. There relationship becomes unbreakable in this book and I am so excited to see where the next book takes us. With Ash being my favourite character, and not just because he's hot (even though that helps, lol) I can not wait to see things from his point of view. I also think it will be good to see how well Ash & Puck get on and see where their journey takes them without Meghan. 

I'm praying for happy ending at the end of book 4. These characters deserve so much and with Ash & Meghan still in a forbidden romance, there needs to be a happy ending for these two. Please Julie!

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

I can't wait for book 4 either!! It better have a happy ending :/

Great Review!

-Sarah
Inklings Read.

Book Passion for Life said...

I loved it Sarah. Really! Lol. I want to read it again. Lol
Donna

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis