Pages

Thursday 20 October 2011

A Review for Silence (Hush, Hush #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick


Posted by Donna 
Published Date: October 4th, 2011 
Finished Date: October 16th, 2011
Publishers: Simon & Schuster
Source: Bought
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 438
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
<
The Review: “There’s only one thing I know for certain anymore. That I would do anything for you, even if it means going against my instincts or my very nature. I would lay down everything I possess, even my soul, for you. If that isn’t love, it’s the best I have.” 

After reading Becca’s last book Crescendo I’ll be honest, I was left a little bit disappointed  so I’m more than thrilled to say ‘BECCA IS BACK’ and Silence was just as good as Hush, Hush!

After the events in Crescendo, Nora is being held hostage by her father Hank in exchange for Patch’s help to get information on the Fallen Angels. When Nora finally comes around, she can’t remember anything that has happened to her within the last few months and she doesn’t remember Patch.

When Nora starts experiences small flashes that she can’t get out of her head, she goes on a dangerous journey to finding out what really happened, which leads to her and Patch heading for a battle that could ruin everything they’ve worked for.

Woooo! Yep Silence was amazing that I finished it within 8 hours. You all know it’s pretty impossible for me to finish a book within that time since having a baby, but I did it because I just couldn’t put it down.

It was so good being back with our favourite characters and Becca didn’t disappoint one bit. The storyline was exciting, dangerous and thrilling and boy was it full of suspense. I had seen a few mixed reviews about the book but I really enjoyed the direction the story went and for our characters. By Nora losing her memory we got to revisit Nora and Patch re-connecting  and falling in love all over again but this time we got so much more….PATCH! Wow! I loved how we got to see a totally vulnerable side to him and watch him pore his heart and soul into Nora rather than just seeing Nora’s side. I loved it! Silence made me fall in love with Patch all over again and boy, do I want more.

I honestly don’t want to say much more because I don’t want to spoil it for you. But I will say, I can’t not wait for book four now and I’ll leave you with some of my favourite quotes.


“I love you.” His voice was straightforward, affectionate. “You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I’m yours, if you’ll have me.” – Patch

“Hmm?' I looked away, flustered automatically using irritation to cover my discomfort up. 'What does 'hmm' have to do with anything? Could you ever use more than five words? All this grunting and minced words make you come across-- primal.' 
His smile tipped higher. 'Primal.' 
'You're impossible.' 
'Me Jev, you Nora.'  - Patch and Nora

“I missed you, Angel. Not one day went by that I didn't feel you missing from my life.' – Patch

“I learned that I was either crazy in love with you, or putting on the best performance of my life.' - Nora

“Fine! I'll throw on some clothes. Turn around. I'm in my pj's" 
"I'm a guy. That's like asking a kid not to glance at the candy counter.”  Nora & Patch

“This is uncharted territory for me, but I need to know that at the end of the night, I have you to come home to.” – Patch

La swoon! *Sigh* Patch….told you! He’s amazing in this book! Read it!

7 comments:

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

GAH! I am DYING to get started on this book. It's sitting on my shelf, mocking me every time I pass it. hah! I've read some mixed reviews on it myself, but I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it! I must get to it soon. :) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Excellent review! unfortunately I didn't enjoy Silence as much as it's predecessors =(


-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

Shilpa Mudiganti said...

Great review!

Mel said...

Now this is another series that I need to start reading! Hush, Hush is staring at me from teh shelves but I'm not sure when exactly I'm going to be able to fit it in!

DOMNIKI CHATZAKI said...

Oh I am soooo in love with Patch!!! My only complaint in Silence is that there were so few Nora-Patch moments!!!

nurmawati djuhawan said...

i love patch so much...i'm curious what happen to patch and nora in the next book...
can't wait to read it...*sigh*

thx 4 ur riview..i enjoy to read it :)

Alyssa_Susanna said...

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!! Hush Hush is definitely my favorite, but this one came close. I hated that Nora didn't have any recollection of anything, but it was soooooo nice to see her fall in love again with Patch. I definitely thought that was a nice touch. I don't care what anyone else said/says, this book was definitely a great #3 in the series. I can't wait for Finale!!!! Thanks for the review!!!
Alyssa <3

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis