Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2011

A Review for Destined by Jessie Harrell

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: November 15th, 2011
Finished Date: October 20th, 2011
Publishers: Mae Day Publishing
Source: For Review
Format: eARC
Pages: Unknown
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: When Psyche receives a prophecy gone horribly wrong, she learns that even the most beautiful girl in Greece can have a hideous future. Her fate? Fall in love with the one creature even the gods fear. 

As she feels herself slipping closer into the arms of the prophecy, Psyche must choose between the terrifyingly tender touch she feels almost powerless to resist and the one constant she's come to expect out of life: you cannot escape what is destined. 

<
The Review: Destined is a book I came across only a few weeks ago and at first, it was the cover that caught my eye. I absolutely love it, it’s really beautiful. But then when I read the blurb, I was really intrigued with this book because Cupid and Greek Gods tied into a love story, who wouldn’t be?

When Psyche is taken under the wing of Aphrodite, she is thrilled and she is told she will become the new face of Greece. But when Psyche turns down Aphrodite’s request to marry her son Eros, she’s left in a world of trouble, because now the powerful goddess has it in for her.

With Aphrodite on the war path, Psyche tries to keep out of her way but when a prophecy reveals that Psyche will have a hideous future and will fall in love with a creature even the god’s fear, she’s lead straight into Aphrodite’s world. But can she escape what is destined? Or will she fall into the arms of the one everyone fears?

Destined is an exciting, fresh and unique story. It’s like nothing I’ve ever read before and I think Jessie Harrell did an amazing job recreating the story of Greek Gods and Cupid. Greek Mythology has been popping up everywhere lately and honestly, it’s fast becoming my favourite. So automatically….Jessie gets a win from me.

What I loved about this book were the characters that were most memorable for me. I loved Psyche’s character. I loved how strong and willing she was but I also liked her more vulnerable side and reactions during the book was very realistic. Baring in mind she’s a young girl and I thought all the qualities Jessie showed in her reflected very well. Now Eros, oh Eros! I absolutely LOVED him! He’s the type of guy that leaves you breathless and wishing that Cupid was actually real. He’s one of them guys that don’t believe he will ever find love because he’s been hurt in the past but when he finally finds the one, he becomes a completely different person. His love consumes him and he becomes so selfless that he will do anything to protect her. Yeah, you can see why I love him. ;)

The storyline itself was heart-breaking beautiful with twists and turns you don’t see coming. You would think the story would be slightly predictable but Jessie Harrell leaves us readers in suspense until the very last chapter.

Honestly, this is not a book you want to miss it 2011. If you’re looking for a story that will leave you speechless…..then this is for you and I can not wait to read more by this author in the future.

A huge thank you to Jessie Harrell for giving me the opportunity to review this book. 

9 comments:

Natalia Belikov said...

Thanks for this review! I loved the cover and I was looking forward to hear someone's reactions toward this book! It seems I wont be disappointed =D.
Great review!

http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/

Jessie Harrell said...

awwww... thank you so much for the awesome review! So glad it resonated for you! (((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

0o0o! You enjoyed it, Donna!

I'm dying to take a dive into this one! Unfortunately, copies of this novel won't be available in my local book stores =(


-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

Wee Shubba said...

Oh fab review. I have this for review and we seem to have the same tastes with books so I will no doubt like this Aswell. :)

Giselle said...

Awesome review! I'm currently reading this at the moment and so far I'm loving it! I'm awaiting these twists and turns :D

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

I LOVED EROS TOO!
*sorry for the caps had to get that off my chest*

Nice review!


Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Cary Cheyenne. said...

I can't wait to read this book, it looks amazing! I absolutely adore the cover too! Great review!!

Lesley said...

Great review Donna, it sounds right up my street I will definitely be adding this to my TBR list.

Gaby said...

I love this cover and can't wait to read it. I am so glad you liked it. I do plan on reading this book very soon :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis