Pages

Monday 9 April 2012

US vs UK (#42)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 42nd US vs UK book cover battle. 

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

US vs UK Round 42

A Million Suns by Beth Revis

A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)VS  A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)

Jess says: Both of these are pretty awesome. But I'd probably pick the US just because it would match my Across the Universe book. Other wise, both of these are pretty awesome. 


Donna says:  I actually like both of these covers but I do prefer the UK cover. Does anyone else think it looks like a movie poster instead though? I like it though because we see the characters faces and I think they are perfect. I can't wait to read this.


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel

Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen, #2) VS  Stolen Night (Vampire Queen, #2)

Jess says: Oooh this is a tough one, but I think I like the UK cover for this one. It's just beautiful.


Donna says:  Oohh this is a tough one. I know I picked the US cover for Infinite Days but UK wins for me this time around. I love the roses and the blue that is used on on the model. 


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to the UK!!!
Which do you prefer? Leave us your comments below!! =) 

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :)

18 comments:

T said...

Definitely US for A Million Suns - I like the colours better - it appeals to me more.

But definitely UK for Stolen Nights, it's the blue, and the vines that do it!

Erin W. said...

US for A Million Suns . . . suits the mood of the book.

But as for Stolen Nights I like the UK more because the whole vine thing rocks.

Natalie Frampton said...

US for A Million Suns. It just fits in better with the first book. Uk for stolen nights it's really pretty

Carina Olsen said...

US for A Million Suns. <3 It is one of my all time favorite book covers. Just love it so much :) It's just perfect. Don't really like the UK one at all (A) Hih :D
UK for Stolen Night though, I think :)

Cecilka said...

US for A Million Suns..
And..ehmm..UK for Stolen Night, but without all the roses this cover will be better.

Carly said...

US for A Million Suns & it was a close one but I think US for Stolen Night too. :)

Unknown said...

US for A Million Suns, definitely. I just love the covers for Across the Universe and this one... I think they're one of my favorites. :)

And UK version of Stolen Night!

Agnieszka @ Nook of Books

Hazal said...

For me it would have to be US for both book covers. They're just the ones I would be more likely to pick up. The UK version of A Million Suns looks a little like a Doctor Who poster.

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

The UK cover for Stolen Night looks gorgeous. I would definitely pick that!

I prefer the US cover for A Million Suns, but I do like the UK cover too. It does look a bit like a movie poster though, you're right Donna! :D The US gets my vote here.

Read Write Reviews said...

Hmm, I would say US for them both.

I don't like the UK cover for Stolen Nights, It seems too busy.

Janie said...

I agree with Tea up there - US for A Million Suns, I love the colors of it and even though I haven't read it, it seems to really fit with the title of the book.

UK for Stolen Night - hands-down way more gorgeous!

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

I really like the US cover for A Million Suns. I am a sucker for blues and purples and it is really pretty. I prefer the UK cover for Stolen Nights. It is gorgeous! :)

Carina said...

I'm choosing both US covers - in my eyes they're a bit prettier and would make me pick up the books more. :) Totally agreeing, though, that the UK cover of A MILLION SUNS looks like a movie poster. At first I was really confused. :D

Carina

Tipsy Misty said...

US for a million suns, I don't like the UK covers at all, they remind me of Stargate which I hate lol
UK for Stolen nights though, it's totally pretty :)

Wee Shubba said...

Oh great picks. Mmmm...think the US cover for A Million suns its just a lot prettier. And UK for Stolen Nights, its beautiful and eye catching.

Elodie said...

Tough ones .. but I'd probably choose both US covers for these books :) !! It reminds me that I still have to read Across the Universe because the series sounds amazing :)

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

hmmm for A Million Suns I love both of them!!! But I do like the colors on the US one more..so US gets my vote for that one!!!


and as for Stolen Night, I DEFF have to go with the UK cover!!!!! It is sooooo freakin pretty!!!!! (:

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis