Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

A Review for Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles #6) by Alyxandra Harvery

Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
Posted by Donna
Release Date: February 14th, 2013
Finished Date: December 4th, 2012
Publishers: Bloomsbury
Source: For Review
Format: Paperback
Pages: 496
Buy: Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

In the thrilling conclusion of the Drake Chronicles, love and loyalties will be tested ... and proven once and for all.
Solange Drake has been officially crowned Queen of the Vampires, fulfilling the centuries old prophecy that foretold the rise to power of a daughter born to an ancient vampire line. Except Solange's thoughts and actions are no longer her own—she's been slowly being possessed by the spirit of Viola, the first daughter born into the Drake line, since her bloodchange. And instead of uniting the vampire tribes under the rule of an ancient daughter as the prophecy predicted, Viola would rather destroy them all and enslave humans in a personal vendetta for the devastation both wrought to her life centuries ago. Can Solange break her hold in time to save everyone she loves from a vampire civil war, hunter attack, and each other? Not everyone will survive the prophecy . . . perhaps not even her.

The Review: I've followed The Drake Chronicles ever since the first book and I still can't believe it's 3 years later and I've just read the last book. No more Drakes, no more swoon-worthy quotes and no more deadly situations for them. It's a sad time! 

Blood Prophecy brings us the conclusion to the Drake story and with Solange being crowned Queen of the Vampires, it's sure does bring a dangerous, exciting and engaging time. Solange has been taken over by Viola and with Viola being stronger than her, Solange has no choice but to battle it out with her. However, Solange has to take this journey all on her own...but who will come through stronger. 

The Drake Series has been one of my favourite series of all time and I'm so pleased that I  enjoyed Blood Prophecy. I thought for a series finale it was concluded very well because the story in whole just came together so well. As I was reading, I was doing a little tick to make sure everything I was unsure about all came together and because the author's writing is so spot on plus her ability to weave each characters story all together, everything falls into place so well. Alyxandra never fails to amaze me. I've never  been unhappy with this series and it's one that will stay with me for a long time. 

The characters also never fail to disappoint me. Lucy, Solange, Kieran and Nicholas, I really love them. They all deserved the best ending they could have gotten and while I really would have liked an epilogue, I still felt it was a good ending for them. Lucy will always remain my favourite. She's fun and so quirky. She has so many humours quote that I couldn't help laugh, like this;

“The Drake farmhouse was like the chimpanzee enclosure at the zoo when feeding time was late.
You know, if all the chimpanzees were undead.
And insane.” - Lucy 

And Nicholas will always be my favourite boy! I love his relationship with Lucy - how he's so willing to protect her no matter. He will do anything to keep her safe..I love it! I really do wonder how their relationship will play out in the future. So I say this, PLEASE ALYX, WRITE A EPILOGUE NOVELLA!! ;) I still have to wonder why she decided to end it where she did because I believe there's still so much more that could come from this series, but least the series went out with a bang and on such a high.

All in all, Blood Prophecy provided a great ending to a fantastic series and it's a series that I'm sad to leave behind. It's full of 100% entertainment, laugh out loud and quirky moments, hot brothers and swoon-worthy quotes. It's definitely not a series you want to miss out on. 

4 comments:

beck valley books said...

Sounds like an interesting read, haven't come across these yet, thanks for sharing.

Also thanks for popping over to our UK Bloggers Linkup, now following you xx

Janeal Falor said...

I love these books. And reading your review makes me all the more excited (and sad) to read the last one.

♥Rachel♥ said...

I'm going to be sad to say goodbye to this series as well, Donna! Lucy and Nicholas are my favorite couple. I love Lucy with all her wise cracks. I'm behind 2 books so I really need to catch up. Great review. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I
came to give it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to
my followers! Exceptional blog and terrific design.


Feel free to surf to my blog :: garcinia

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis