Pages

Friday 10 January 2014

A Review for The Mating (Law of the Lycan #1) by Nicky Charles

16081633
Posted by Donna
Release Date: February 10th, 2010
Finished Date: January 5th, 2014
Publishers: Self Published
Genre: Adult, Paranormal 
Source: Free on Amazon
Format: Kindle
Buy: Amazon UK / Amazon US

She lay beside him, staring blankly at the ceiling. The deed was done. They were mated. It didn't matter that she had no love for him nor he for her. Political alliances were more important than feelings, or so she had been told. That fact was cold comfort right now as her heart broke within her.

Elise had no idea when she came home that day that she'd end up mated to a complete stranger.


A new Alpha and the need for an alliance between packs have made her a pawn.

The Review: Nicky Charles is a one in a million author because she gives away her books for free - permanently. I don't think I've ever come across any one doing that before but what makes this so remarkable is, The Mating is a gem of a book and once I started reading, I didn't want to put it down. 

Elise, a twenty-two-year-old girl has always dreamed of being mated to her best friend Bryan, but one day after coming home from a run, she finds out that she is being mated to an Alpha from a pack that her father is currently making a deal with. With Elise being mated to Kane, this means that both packs with have allegiances with outside packs, but for Elise, her dreams have been crushed. All she knows is she doesn't want to become a lone wolf by being banished, so she has no alternative choice but to mate with Kane. Soon Elise finds herself mated and living in a new home with complete strangers with 48 hours of meeting of Kane, but there's something about her new mate that drawing her in. But how can she have feelings for someone she's only just met?

Adult shifter stories are fast becoming my favourite, so while I was on a hunt for new books, I came across Nicky Charles' and I'm really glad I did. The Mating sounded right up my street, and even so more that it was free I snatched it up straight away and started within a few days. As you can see, I'm certainly not disappointed. I loved The Mating! It had everything I wanted and more. It has a cracking story line that is hot and intense, it has even action through out that leaves you guessing. Although I thought it was pretty easy to figure out who the bad guy was, it still didn't spoil the story for me - i still loved it.  It was Elise and Kane's romance that had you gripped to the edge of your seat, not knowing what the outcome would be.  I adored Kane! He's everything you could want in an Alpha male. Strong, supportive, dedicated and then there's the side Elise sees, the touching, lovable and smouldering hot! I loved how they both slowly started developed feelings for one another, it was great to read. If there's anything that I felt that could have made this story better, was adding Kane's point of view through out the whole story, rather than  just the one chapter, I would have liked more from him. But as you can see, I still loved the story....and I'm starting the sequel, The Keeping - which is Ryne's story now. 

2 comments:

Ya-Aholic Reviews said...

Ahhh awesome review hun!! I just picked up all the books in this series on amazon!!! Can't wait to start it! (:

BookPforLife said...

Haley, I think you'd really enjoy them! Let me know what you think once you do x

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis